• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The most expensive leather jacket

A

Anonymous

What's the most expensive leather jacket you have?
and I am not talking vintage, I am talking any kind.
and I am not talking about the original A-2 your paid $3000 for because it was rare and it has a nice paint work in the back.

I am talking about expensive jackets that when you buy pay for the quality.

Mine is a GUCCI shearling coat which cost me Eur 2500 back in the day when I could afford that.

Nickb123

"I am talking about expensive jackets that when you buy pay for the quality."

Actually, it is a Bill Kelso :lol:

PaulGT3

I dont have the pleasure of owning a Bill Kelso yet, so I assume
that the most expensive one I would have would be one of my Goodwears.
Probably the B-6, Or the Horse hide A2 with the WW2 NOS zipper

MikeyB-17

The only one I still own that I bought new is my ELC House Steer A-2, and in 1997 that cost me £250. Everything else was bought second hand, some of which may well have been quite pricey when new. My Schott Perfecto, £40 on Ebay, would be a few hundred quid new, and I have a thick, heavy barnstormer type coat, £8 from a charity shop, which I reckon would have been fairly expensive. I reckon my Martin Gould 'D-1', which I was unable to get £80 for a couple of years ago, (so I decided to keep it), may well have been the most expensive. The most I ever paid for a new jacket was, I think, £650 for my Aero B-3.

chamboid

Most paid, would be yours. Only jacket I have ever bought from the manufacturer.
Otherwise either my Eastman B-6 Redskin or An-J-4 which ever comes out more expensive, but paid less than half price for both.

It helps being a small size for things.

The most I paid for a new jacket is my Legendary Horse motorcycle jacket. $700US. It is extremely heavy front quarter horsehide. It would probably stop bullets!

IMG_0111-L.jpg

jollygreenslugg

Currently, my most expensive jacket is my Bill Kelso 29971 house jacket, to the Roughwear pattern. It's worth every cent of the bargain price I paid.

It'll be moved to second-place once I make my 2013 purchase, hopefully around July (yep, it's my birthday then!). I'm hoping for a russet Bill Kelso, and am trying to decide which pattern to go with.

MikeyB-17

PLATON said:
Schott Perfecto, £40 on Ebay

great deal

Yeah I thought so too, it's had a lot of wear and I had to do a little patching, but I probably wear it more than anything else these days. Not one of the more desirable 'Bull label' ones, but great leather nonetheless. Just goes to show what a little patience can do.

A

Anonymous

Visvim-Elmendorf-Italia-FIL-Exclusive-Leather-Jackets.jpg

Available in Black, Dark Brown, Brown, And Burgundy as pictured. Priced quite excessively at ¥380,000 ($4830) over at Visvim.

Tom2517

As replica obviously it's laughable both in design and price, but Visvim is more of a fashion brand and they are priced accordingly.

A

Anonymous

I wouldn't mind a bad replica that is fashionable.
But this one is bad looking overall.

A

Anonymous

The recent sale of JFK's G-1 must rank among the highest prices paid for a leather jacket. BTW did it go to anyone here?
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02 ... at-auction

Yeah, even higher than MacArthur's.
MacArthur was a great man, a 5 star General, he almost won the war by himself.
His jacket was an older contract too.

But JFK was &^$^%$Y Marylin so his sold higher.
He wasn't any better than Clinton.

I really can't compare such men with MacArthur.