• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE MODERN RECREATION OF THE A11 WATCH

Bombing IP

I was surfing and found this company Praesidus in NY that makes watches out of imported parts .Their A11 features a Seiko mechanical movement with hack and comes with 2 year warranty price $195.00.Still interested here's the site .

BIP

Edward

I was surfing and found this company Praesidus in NY that makes watches out of imported parts .Their A11 features a Seiko mechanical movement with hack and comes with 2 year warranty price $195.00.Still interested here's the site .

BIP
From what I understand they use a cheaper movement inside that’s only worth about $35 and the watch case has a cheap crystal although they claim they’re going to offer a higher quality one in the future… Also the 38 mm small case is still larger than an original vintage aviators hack watch. So they’re still designing these with a slightly larger modern design. They do look very nice though!

Bombing IP

Old watches have their problems ,its hard to find one that works 100% to be reliable for daily use now that they are 80 years old .Then to find someone to repair them when they go wrong , not a lot of good watch repairers out there these days . This watch is a good alternative and one that will slide under the A2 cuff well .

BIP

Last edited:

Bombing IP

Out of the many watch companies out there only a few have in house movements ,most buy their movements from ETA and just tweak and refine .Seiko is one of the few companies in the world that make their own movements . This whole watch thing is a bit of a joke because your paying thousands for a case face and a strap .The movements are sold by the Swatch group who sell to all the big names in Switzerland from IWC to Hublot and so on . The $35 Seiko movement is probably a very good movement as Seiko does not produce crap . The ETA 2824-2 used in an IWC costs $290 ,the watches cost 15x that , is it so difficult to make the rest of the watch I don't think so . The biggest expense in the watch making is the advertising Rolex spend approx $100 million a year .Which is the real reason these watches cost so much its the bloody advertising that jacks up the price not the quality Horology you may think it is. Some of these high end watches do not keep time that well ,Seiko give them a good run for their money with regards to accuracy . One company or individual who gives you excellent quality on par with watches 6x the price ,the Company is called Christoper Ward a British company been in in business since 2004 .British designed made in Switzerland priced at around just under $1000 . Here is their website https://www.christopherward.com/int/home.
No I do not get paid to say this nor am I affliated with this company ,I just have an interest in Horology and once I found out about the heart of the watch coming from the same factory to all the fancy makes .I wanted to see the best movements at work in the timepieces at the best prices . Christopher Ward is the best bang for your buck out there and have some very nice designs also .I also know of other watch companies who if anyone is interested I can point them in the direction .

BIP

BIP

Last edited:

busdrivermike

Nice watch, solid dependable movement used in lots of micro brands
I have one ticking away in the San Martin watch on my wrist now , in the last three weeks
It’s lost 30 seconds.
id prefer a sterile back version in this military recreation

I’ve considered this vario trench model I saw a review for

Flightengineer

BIP

Thanks for sharing. I've always loved a watch with a large dial, probably because of my work. Mine has 52 mm case now.
For me, for example, the 42 mm version is quite acceptable. Plus, they have free international shipping. If I wanted such a watch ww2 style, I'd buy these

1613898146622.png

At 38mm and 42mm these are far too large to be any kind of repro. The trend in upsizing vintage watch designs thankfully seems to be receding so this company has kind of missed the boat on that. Given that they feature a $10 movement they're massively overpriced too.

Pilot

I would wear something like that 24/7.
If I would do this with a watch like that, it would drawn it in the pool, get it steamed in the sauna and G-shocked during the squash time..in less than a tick...

Last edited:

Pilot

Sorry for asking, A-11 and ORD watches...
02B9C1AF-6E8D-436D-9A0B-3A1E5419E14C.jpeg
CC2D4859-A4D6-44EF-91B0-33A569248E86.jpeg
Respect for afordable lookalike, but trying to imitate what?
See photos for reference.
A-11 Bulova in Sterling silver case, Bulova ORD watch ( both case diam. apprix 31mm) often mistaken ( sold) as a navigational watch.... with gilted hour hand and „Bulova“ dial marking... as it should be.

Last edited:

Bombing IP

Sorry to disagree but hilts is wearing a Rolex Speed King , this was discussed in a previous post and the reason why a Speed King was chosen .

BIP

Last edited: