• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The latest ebay shambles.

John Lever

Tonight there was a very nice New with tags Levis 50's jacket for sale with a Bin of only £77 requiring immediate payment. Listed as available worldwide the seller had not listed posted charges to any countries other than France so when I clicked BIN I was unable to actually complete payment. I tried several times to pay and also to tell the seller to edit the listing correctly so that I could proceed with purchase. Of course you have guessed what happened in the mean time. Someone from France bought the jacket from under my feet.
What to do next ?

asiamiles

The seller was from France presumably? You could have just paid the stated amount (ie. including shipping to Fr) and then paid the balance when asked to do so by the seller. Too late now. This was an original or a repro? If the latter, I'm sure another can be found without too much difficulty.

John Lever

asiamiles said:
The seller was from France presumably? You could have just paid the stated amount (ie. including shipping to Fr) and then paid the balance when asked to do so by the seller. Too late now. This was an original or a repro? If the latter, I'm sure another can be found without too much difficulty.
The seller gave me a cost of €17 post to the UK, but checkout would not allow me to input the amount to give a total because the seller did not specify the cost in the listing and/or checkout was not working properly. Ether way you can't specify ' immediate payment required, available worldwide', but only give local postage. The ebay mechanics just don't allow you to list that as it's unworkable. I have tried to do this myself and found that you have to input postage rates to every country specified.
The jacket was new with tags £350, with a BIN of £77. A real bargain.

A

Anonymous

I've suffered the same thing several times John. Not much you can do about it but be philisophical I'm sorry to say.
It is galling though and Ebay should by now have sorted these sorts of errors out. Sadly they don't give a figg for us - only making money - which they still did but not with your dosh.

Dave