• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Good Wear Rolen L-2b …. Just What Florida Needed !

B-Man2

Hey Guys !
You’ve often heard me say that living in Florida doesn’t offer many opportunities to wear leather flight jackets … … Well kudos to John Chapman who heard my whining and made an awesome nylon Rolen L-2b jacket that will be perfect for the cool nights and mornings down here in the Sun and Fun capital of USA. John if you’re reading this … let me say thank you … once again you’ve hit another one out of the park with this contract. It was well worth the waiting time . The workmanship is what we’ve come to expect from Good Wear and JC, second to none. The accuracy and authenticity to the contract … is once again amazing . The fit, well judge for yourselves. I could say so much good stuff about this jacket, that it would take more than a few posts . So here it is .. judge for yourselves, and once again thanks JC .

IMG_3363.png
IMG_3352.jpeg
IMG_3353.jpeg
IMG_3354.jpeg
IMG_3355.jpeg
IMG_3356.jpeg
IMG_3359.jpeg
IMG_3360.jpeg
IMG_3361.jpeg
IMG_3362.jpeg

Last edited:

Pa12

Hey Guys !
You’ve often heard me say that living in Florida doesn’t offer many opportunities to wear leather flight jackets … … Well kudos to John Chapman who heard my whining and made an awesome nylon Rolen L-2b jacket that will be perfect for the cool nights and mornings down here in the Sun and Fun capital of USA. John if you’re reading this … let me say thank you … once again you’ve hit another one out of the park with this contract. It was well worth the waiting time . The workmanship is what we’ve come to expect from Good Wear and JC. Second to none. The accuracy and authenticity to the contract … is once again amazing . The fit .. well judge it for yourselves. I could say so much good stuff about this jacket, that it would take more than a few posts . So here it is .. judge for yourselves, and once again thanks JC .

View attachment 147469View attachment 147471View attachment 147473View attachment 147475View attachment 147477View attachment 147479View attachment 147481View attachment 147483View attachment 147485View attachment 147487
Wicked . Another beauty. I guess there’s no type of jacket the master can’t do to perfection. I used to have an L-2b and you’re right Burt, perfect weight for your climate. I remember it being just a step above a windbreaker.

bseal

Hey Guys !
You’ve often heard me say that living in Florida doesn’t offer many opportunities to wear leather flight jackets … … Well kudos to John Chapman who heard my whining and made an awesome nylon Rolen L-2b jacket that will be perfect for the cool nights and mornings down here in the Sun and Fun capital of USA. John if you’re reading this … let me say thank you … once again you’ve hit another one out of the park with this contract. It was well worth the waiting time . The workmanship is what we’ve come to expect from Good Wear and JC. Second to none. The accuracy and authenticity to the contract … is once again amazing . The fit .. well judge it for yourselves. I could say so much good stuff about this jacket, that it would take more than a few posts . So here it is .. judge for yourselves, and once again thanks JC .

View attachment 147469View attachment 147471View attachment 147473View attachment 147475View attachment 147477View attachment 147479View attachment 147481View attachment 147483View attachment 147485View attachment 147487
Congrats Burt! I love mine as well.

Pa12

Hey Guys !
You’ve often heard me say that living in Florida doesn’t offer many opportunities to wear leather flight jackets … … Well kudos to John Chapman who heard my whining and made an awesome nylon Rolen L-2b jacket that will be perfect for the cool nights and mornings down here in the Sun and Fun capital of USA. John if you’re reading this … let me say thank you … once again you’ve hit another one out of the park with this contract. It was well worth the waiting time . The workmanship is what we’ve come to expect from Good Wear and JC, second to none. The accuracy and authenticity to the contract … is once again amazing . The fit, well judge for yourselves. I could say so much good stuff about this jacket, that it would take more than a few posts . So here it is .. judge for yourselves, and once again thanks JC .

My first “real “ flight jacket was an ma-1 around 79. Didn’t know anything about flight jackets. Then I saw “the Hunter” when it came out and was thrilled to see Steve McQueen wearing “my jacket “. Then I discovered the L2-b and bought one. It just seemed to be the perfect jacket. Wore the shit of it and rarely ever put the ma-1back on. Perfect choice.

Flightengineer

Great purchase, Burt.
Did JC make it to your measurements or is it a repro of the standard contract size? The jacket doesn't look very short like all L2B and this is great! I remember that I sold my original L2B cause it fit perfectly but was very short, cause they were originally designed to be worn over a flight suit and not with pants.
Your jacket looks very harmonious, couldn’t ask for better.

B-Man2

Great purchase, Burt.
Did JC make it to your measurements or is it a repro of the standard contract size? The jacket doesn't look very short like all L2B and this is great! I remember that I sold my original L2B cause it fit perfectly but was very short, cause they were originally designed to be worn over a flight suit and not with pants.
Your jacket looks very harmonious, couldn’t ask for better.
Hi Dmitry
Thanks for the kind words
Regarding your question about body length of the Rolen L-2b jacket size XL …
JC was kind enough to provide the following information.

“ I added about 3/4" more than standard in body length, but that's really not much. Every maker was a little different in how they made their jackets, and most importantly, a guy who's a size Small wearing a Small jacket would look as you do in that photo, but they skimped on taller men with the larger sizes, if that makes sense. The X-Large jackets tended to be proportionately shorter than a Small or Medium. I used an original size Medium, and in scaling it up to an X-Large, it just needed about 3/4" more in the torso length.”

He also added :

“That's well within the range of what Rickson does, as I've got a Rickson Tops Apparel and it's the same length as the one you have.
The guys in the vintage photos don't look short in the body, so I would assume they're smaller fellows, which is often the case,”

This is a perfect example of just how much thought and attention to detail that John Chapman puts into each of his jackets . I really don’t think that there’s any other manufacturer out there today, who does this to the extent that JC does. I hope that answers your question Dmitry.
Regards
Burt

IMG_3367.jpeg
IMG_3368.jpeg
IMG_3369.jpeg