• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Flight Jacket Gallery - a new resource

mulceber

This is a project I've been working on for quite a while now. Every year, dozens of beautiful originals pass through the VLJ. I thought it would be good for us to have a resource where all those photos could be viewed in one place, organized by jacket type and contract, so that anyone who's interested in the details of a given contract can look at as many different examples as possible. The idea is similar to JC's Flight Jacket CD, but with photos crowd-sourced from the entire community.

So, I've loaded all the photos I've saved over the years onto a google drive, organized them into folders (and sub-folders) as best I can, and set it to be accessible to anyone with the link.

I want to thank John Chapman, @Maverickson, @Jorgeenriqueaguilera, @Wz1999, and @Silver Surfer, who together contributed the lion's share of these photos, and offered even more when asked for permission to use them.

The above-mentioned people gave me their permission to use their photos, but these pictures come from so many people that it just wasn't feasible to ask everyone. So, if you see your photos in this gallery and you don't want them in there, just message me and I'll remove them. No hard feelings. Likewise, if you see your photos in here and you aren't credited, please let me know - I'd like to cite a source for these photos wherever possible!

And if you have photos that you'd like to contribute, please get in touch - this is an ongoing project, and I intend to keep adding photos.

Here's the link: The Flight Jacket Gallery

Last edited:

ZuZu

This is a project I've been working on for quite a while now. Every year, dozens of beautiful originals pass through the VLJ. I thought it would be good for us to have a resource where all those photos could be viewed in one place, organized by jacket type and contract, so that anyone who's interested in the details of a given contract can look at as many different examples as possible. The idea is similar to JC's Flight Jacket CD, but with photos crowd-sourced from the entire community, and without any commentary (unfortunately).

So, I've loaded all the photos I've saved over the years onto a google drive, organized them into folders (and sub-folders) as best I can, and set it to be accessible to anyone with the link. Because I don't want this to become a resource for scammers to cheat people on eBay, I'm going to leave the link here for 48 hours, so that anyone who wants to can bookmark it, and then I'll take the link down. After that, anyone who wants the link can just PM me and I'll send it along.

I want to thank John Chapman, @Maverickson, @Jorgeenriqueaguilera, @Wz1999, and @Silver Surfer, who together contributed the lion's share of these photos, and offered even more when asked for permission to use them.

The above-mentioned people gave me their permission to use their photos, but these pictures come from so many people that it just wasn't feasible to ask everyone. So, if you see your photos in this gallery and you don't want them in there, just message me and I'll remove them. No hard feelings.

If, on the other hand, you have photos that you'd like to contribute, please get in touch - this is an ongoing project, and I intend to keep adding photos.

Here's the link: The Flight Jacket Gallery
It's a beautiful thing!

mulceber

Thanks all, I'm happy to do it.

is there a way to make it a stand alone reference on this site?
I like the idea, but I'm not sure how to go about it. One possibility would be to use the "media" function, but I think that would be connected to one profile, and, I'm not sure, but I think there's a 500 mb limit. This collection of photos already totals around 10 gigs. Another possibility would be to give the VLJ a front page, sort of like the Fedora lounge and the Indygear forum have, and make it a gallery for all the thousands of different photos. I think that second option would be a worthwhile, exciting endeavor, but it would require computer skills that are above my pay grade.

Last edited: