• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Fedora's new clothes ...

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Well she's been closed for a few days getting a makeover, new carpets, and paint, but they kept the black paper .... very smart.

Looks like the inspiration was the Omega Planet Ocean ...

images

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/forumdis ... -Outerwear

442RCT

During their update, it looks like they turned off many of the posting options I used to have, i.e. font sz, smilies etc.... :cry:

wheat1479

Im not a member,but prefer the other style.I liked their avator pictures,now it seems more business like or tech like.It seems less personal.

PADDY_M

Ahhh, 'The Emperor's New Clothes!!' It's still work in progress Gents, but I'll look into the FREE TINTED FLYING GOGGLES idea!. We ALL get into our little comfort zones (myself included, and moreso as I get older!! yikes), so 'any' change will create initial uncertainties and insecurities, which is quite normal, as there is a period of adjustment, but don't be alarmed, it's all going to be fine! :D .

The site 'tweaking' and 'updating' is still ongoing folks as a 'work in progress', but we didn't want to keep it 'off the air' any longer than necessary, as we know just 'how much' you gents that 'are' members 'enjoy' your daily fix of TFL. ;)

But be reassured that work is 'ongoing' behind the scenes as I type this and you will be getting a faster, more responsive, user friendly and vintagey STREAMLINED forum which can continue to cope with the 16000+ (and growing) membership.

It's just GREAT to see the enthusiasm you all have for this great forum that has gathered momentum and gone from strength-to-strength in such a short time and the whole management team appreciate all the support you've given us over the years!!
As ever, we will continue to sing the praises of VLJ as quite frankly NO-WHERE BETTERS the wealth of knowledge, experience, and enthusiasm in here for vintage flying jackets.

Regards, PADDY.

CBI

Big visual change - I like change - looks good. Allways many bugs to work out. I am sure all will be fine. Thanks for keeping it current.

Burnsie

Ever since my wife helpfully updated my email to one that got me booted off I guess I've unwittingly been an ex-member...

Roughwear

The old site was due for a make-over and on the whole I like the changes. I would prefer the text of posts to be in white rather than the current grey as white writing on the black background is a little easier to read.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Roughwear said:
I would prefer the text of posts to be in white rather than the current grey as white writing on the black background is a little easier to read.

Try Select All to highlight the page, the longer posts are then easier to read.