• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thanks to all the Vets here.

Clark J

Thanks for your service guys my hats off to ya!!!!!!!!!Even you froggie,,, even if you road on a trike!!!

RCSignals

Remembrance Day, Armistice Day, Veterans Day.

Lest we Forget.

Remember those who served and gave all, those who served and came back, and those who continue to serve.

This is also an historical day for it's date, which only occurs once every hundred years. It further follows that the 2mininuts of silent Remembrance falls on 11-11-11-11.

ausreenactor

Gents...

Not that I consider myself a true 'Vet' when compared to the guys who put their necks on the line for mates, year after year, I felt a need to get my 'rack' out. Just like a drunken teen, my 'rack' only sees daylight a few days a year if that. I know the soldiers in the US get ribbons more frequently than us; however, it has been said that a second row in a Commonwealth army is pretty impressive. Two years off my Defence Long Service Medal and awaiting issue of my Counter Terrorism/Special Response clasp to the Australian Service Medal.

DSC04416.jpg

If anyone is interested - from L to R - Australian Active Service Medal w/ICAT clasp, Afghanistan Campaign Medal, Australian Service Medal w/SOLOMON IS II(Guadalcanal) and TIMOR-LESTE clasps, Australian Defence Medal, NATO ISAF Medal. Timor-Leste Solidarity Meda. Our cred stems from the clasps, not the number of gongs. Most soldiers since 2000 have either the Afghanistan suite/Iraq suite PLUS the Timor suite of gongs. But heartfelt kudos to the REAL vets around the world.

Couchy

RCSignals

You are a vet Couchy. Even if a humble one.

Since 'Commonwealth' forces usually wear medals in one row, yours I'm sure must translate to two rows of ribbons. It is impressive, especially when you consider the clasps.

Nice mounting.

airfrogusmc

Clark J said:
Thanks for your service guys my hats off to ya!!!!!!!!!Even you froggie,,, even if you road on a trike!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Clark my hats off to the guys that were in the shit. Actually my squadron mostly made sure the beer was cold in the PO. Thats the toughest stuff I saw. My hat is off to guys like Van and any of the guys that served in the real stuff. Thanks to all that have served especially those that were in the shit. My memories are really good for the most part. Proud to have served the greatest nation in the world but I'm in great debt to those that didn't come home.

nogbat

my son was a royal marine for 12 years , he was a sargent in the special boat squad .... he left 4 years ago having completed 3 tours in the gulf unharmed ,, but my thoughts go out to the familys of those he served with who didnt ,,bless em all..

I say we all post a picture of ourselves in the military in honor of Veterans Day!
I'll start.

Me onboard the USS Enterprise somewhere in the South Pacific in 1976
45571863_CeWDR-L.jpg

airfrogusmc

Probably not to far from Bill (same cruise I think) somewhere in the south Pacific after a full day of flight ops in front of my bird on the deck of the USS Okinawa.
CH-4606.jpg

Weasel_Loader

Desert Storm at RAF Fairford. The first few days were cold, snow/rain mix. Lost track of how many bombs we loaded.

airforce10-500.jpg

Getting ready to de-arm and download ammo from the back end of the B-52 tail guns.

airforce42-400.jpg

ausreenactor

These are the pics I love the most...

My 'old' Sky God days...

SkyGod.jpg

At the 40th Anniversary of the Battle of Long Tan - August 2006. Having visited the battle site on my own coin in 1997
it was great to be a part of the ceremony at the Australian War Memorial. We were treated like royalty. Had the opportunity
to actually climb up into the WWII Lancaster bomber G For George. We spent that allocated morning half drunk/hung over.
A rare opportunity lost. One of the greatest things I have been involved in. Two Hueys for the fly past and salute. The veterans
from the battle came up and thanked us, well their wives did, as they were too emotional to speak. I was too, but tried to
compose myself. After three days of doing the right thing and driving aircrew and maintainers around in the bus, I let loose
that night. And of course the aircrew did too. We delivered Little Pattie to the concert by air and we relayed that to the lasses
in the local pubs. To the obvious disgust of a non-believing audience. Until the aircrew pulled the cameras. It was our time guys,
it was our time!!

DSC00619.jpg

Timor-Leste - June 2007. Out doing the hearts and minds thing. Did have live ammo though. We had ditched the armour
by then. Basically stopping the two sides before the two UN monitored elections from becoming Machete-Fest.

DSCF1131.jpg

Re-enlistment Ceremony in Feb 2008 for a great friend. SGT Cruz from the 5-101!! Hooah!

DSC02063.jpg

Up at TK to assist with giving the 'stranglers' a ride. And it was not my pack, otherwise that strap would have been
cut and taped! RAEME? Amateurs!!

DSC02276.jpg

Thanks for the opportunity..

Couchy

CHECK6

Hi Couchy on which PRT or FOB are you on the last pics ,i can see DUTCH "WOLVES"behind you, is it not POLI KHOMRI ? I was at PRT KUNDUZ in 2006.

Have a nice day
Fab