• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Test pic.~ Aero A2

JOHNO

I was fooling around today and decided to see how my Aero would look with my new AVG patch from Sean, what do you think?

The patches are just lying on the jacket, nothing has been sewn.

015-7.jpg

a2jacketpatches

Actually fellas, the patch is designed with the tiger rising slightly, I put him on there to stitch by eyeballing the vertical and horizontal points on the China Sun. The patch should be as if a clock, with 12 and 6 perfectly vertical.

RCSignals

Yes, it wasn't a knock on the patch, just a comment on it's positioning there on the jacket. Makes sense the points of the sun would be 12 and 6. The patch still should be rotated clockwise slightly which would also place the points in proper position.

a2jacketpatches

No knock taken at all, just a rule of thumb I use during construction that seemed appropriate here. I should probably mention it in the listing for these, along with some getting it stitched on advice.

a2jacketpatches

JOHNO said:
I'll take all the stitching advise I can get! :D
Just tack it on with some Elmers glue, spread evenly around the back perimeter apply when tacky and iron low setting. That'll keep it in place. It is also very important to make sure the liner doesn't get stitched out of place. A few hand stitches around the patch where it'll be finish stitched making sure the liner is perfect, then just do the finish stitches right over it. Remove the temp stitches when done ( do them a different color like red so easy to see )

shedonwanna

a2jacketpatches said:
JOHNO said:
I'll take all the stitching advise I can get! :D
Just tack it on with some Elmers glue, spread evenly around the back perimeter apply when tacky and iron low setting. That'll keep it in place. It is also very important to make sure the liner doesn't get stitched out of place. A few hand stitches around the patch where it'll be finish stitched making sure the liner is perfect, then just do the finish stitches right over it. Remove the temp stitches when done ( do them a different color like red so easy to see )

I like to use rubber glue. It's easy to sew through and allows pieces to be pulled apart and repositioned if needed. Thinly applied you don't get lumps in the finished product. Standard product in leather craft for holding pieces together while lacing or sewing. Easy clean up too.

a2jacketpatches

CBI said:
Why any glue, never had problems with just sewing it on.
One reason I do is because sometimes the jacket leather and patch leather are so squishy that the foot of my machine causes a wave in front as it pushes forward. If lightly tacked to each other with whatever works, and lubed on top with my special sauce for the foot to glide on, problem eliminated. The foot loses the friction to push a wave in front of it, and the leather resists whatever push is left in the foot. Hand stitching is a different story.

Silver Dollar

I generally use Sobo glue and then do the sewing. Otherwise, I've got leather pieces all over the place. I don't use a special sauce but Im pretty sure it would definitely help me. I just did my first 14 piece patch. The second attempt turned out a lot better than the first which I seemed to have conveniently lost.