• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Taking care of my new Shearling Jacket - Any ideas?

leather209

Hi everybody :cool:

I hope you are well,

I recently bought myself a shearling jacket (see pictures attached) from the brand 'Chevignon' on Vinted. It had apparently never been worn but is still a few years old. I can say I am quite happy with the fit of it and the overall quality of the hardware, leather, stitching etc...

However, this is my first shearling jacket and I am quite thrown off by the "lack of" softness of the wool inside, is that to be expected? The wool seems to be cut quite short (which helps with the fit because the jacket is not super thick) but maybe that plays into the rougher touch of it.

Any thoughts on what I could do to make it softer? Or should I?

Similarly, any ideas on what I could do to give the leather outer a little boost of shine and protection? I was tempted to use my Saphir "Crème Universelle" and/or my Canadien Saphir "Total Care" for smooth leather, any suggestions?

Thanks a lot for your help,

John

Attachments

• FlightJACKET1.jpeg
    FlightJACKET1.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 93
  • JACKET2.jpeg
    JACKET2.jpeg
    161.2 KB · Views: 86
  • JACKET3.jpeg
    JACKET3.jpeg
    224 KB · Views: 82
  • JACKET4.jpeg
    JACKET4.jpeg
    230.8 KB · Views: 85
  • JACKET6.jpeg
    JACKET6.jpeg
    212.6 KB · Views: 92
  • JACKET5.jpeg
    JACKET5.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 95

Ecklypse

Hello there,
I am posting to share experience. I have an avirex B3. I had the very same question on how to take care of it. I read many different things from - nothing to do (which is probably a good advice indeed) up to use Nivea cream. However one expert professional in shearling and leather told me to use lanolin spray. That was echoing with the care instructions inside the jacket itself. So I followed the advice with two products. One for the external care and one for the internal care. I shall say I was a bit scared when starting. However the results are wonderful. The jacket looks younger, fresher, smoother. So very good advices. Here are photos. First with the before and then after. That is not that much visible on photos but really the difference is key.

Attachments

• IMG_4034.jpeg
    IMG_4034.jpeg
    368.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4035.jpeg
    IMG_4035.jpeg
    407.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4072.jpeg
    IMG_4072.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4073.jpeg
    IMG_4073.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4074.jpeg
    IMG_4074.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4071.jpeg
    IMG_4071.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4070.jpeg
    IMG_4070.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4069.jpeg
    IMG_4069.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 40

Ecklypse

Hello there,
I am posting to share experience. I have an avirex B3. I had the very same question on how to take care of it. I read many different things from - nothing to do (which is probably a good advice indeed) up to use Nivea cream. However one expert professional in shearling and leather told me to use lanolin spray. That was echoing with the care instructions inside the jacket itself. So I followed the advice with two products. One for the external care and one for the internal care. I shall say I was a bit scared when starting. However the results are wonderful. The jacket looks younger, fresher, smoother. So very good advices. Here are photos. First with the before and then after. That is not that much visible on photos but really the difference is key.
And after. Just a little darker but not too much. Let’s say fresher :). All products on Amazon. Ecofy is for the inside.

Attachments

• IMG_4102.jpeg
    IMG_4102.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4094.jpeg
    IMG_4094.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4095.jpeg
    IMG_4095.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4096.jpeg
    IMG_4096.jpeg