• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TAC Strike Command patch

Rutger

The patch of TAC Strike Command (USAF, 60's) is the familiar TAC patch imposed over a lightning bolt.
I've seen it painted on the tails of many F-105's, F-100's and possibly F-4's as well.

However, I wonder if anyone happen to know of a picture of a jacket with that patch, or at least could confirm that this particular combination has been seen.

cheers,
Rutger

GoodTimesGone

I used to wear a jacket with that patch on it to work everyday. I was assigned to TAC in the USAF back in the '80s. The air force restructured in the '90s and now the former commands (MAC, SAC, and TAC) have new names. There was a subdued olive drab version of the patch worn on field jackets, and the colorful version worn on L2-B, MA-1s, CWU, and A-2 jackets.

ausreenactor

I mocked up a BR MA-1 with the Strike Comd patch on the right chest, White HBT tape and wing on the left chest. Sage Colonel rank and a repro F-100 Super Sabre patch on the right. I shall find a pic...

Couchy

Rutger

That's what I have in mind, black name tag though. The white or red or blue are a bit too outstanding for my taste.
Also got to figure out if TAC Strike patch can be combined with squadron patch, I have a feeling that's not the case.