• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Swank`s Jacket

Andrew

From an earlier post by Fleet...

fleet16b said:
I recommended Goodwear Jackets to the movie people as a source to recreate this jacket but the ended up going to a vendor in Italy.
They created a fair jacket but IMO the Goodwear jacket is way nicer.

fleet16b

1911A1US said:
In the new release of Earhart`s bio,anyone know who made the jacket?
All of the jackets and leather flights suits for Amelia were made by Belstaff in Italy.
The leather flying helmets were made locally in Toronto.
I have one of the 3/4 length Amelia jackets that was made to my measurements as I was to do some of her flying scenes.
At the end of filming, I was presented with the jacket and a flying helmet that was custom made to my head size.
Not a bad jacket but I will most likely sell it at some point. Definitely if she wins an Oscar ;)

As Andrew says I did recommend Goodwear as his Amelia Earhart jacket IMHO is 100x better that the Belstaff version.
Unfortunate for most newer jacket makers, Belstaff has been doing movie work for a long time and the film industry is notorious for not wanting to try new things.
They get most of the work ie: Amelia , Benjamin Button etc

tgd31968

fleet16b said:
1911A1US said:
In the new release of Earhart`s bio,anyone know who made the jacket?
All of the jackets and leather flights suits for Amelia were made by Belstaff in Italy.
The leather flying helmets were made locally in Toronto.
I have one of the 3/4 length Amelia jackets that was made to my measurements as I was to do some of her flying scenes.
At the end of filming, I was presented with the jacket and a flying helmet that was custom made to my head size.
Not a bad jacket but I will most likely sell it at some point. Definitely if she wins an Oscar ;)

As Andrew says I did recommend Goodwear as his Amelia Earhart jacket IMHO is 100x better that the Belstaff version.
Unfortunate for most newer jacket makers, Belstaff has been doing movie work for a long time and the film industry is notorious for not wanting to try new things.
They get most of the work ie: Amelia , Benjamin Button etc

I am sure you look good in that jacket, but not THAT good. I'll take her in a flour sack any day over a guy in the perfect flight jacket.