• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

superior togs l2a on the bay...Good size buzz

SuinBruin

Saw that and almost pulled the trigger on the $229 BIN... but it's a 42 and I understand they run big, and I'm a 40L....

Tim P

Are you insane?????????? :eek: ;) Hit the button before someone else does.

Seriously though, nylon is not tailored, the 'look' can still be had with a little bagginess in fact a little blousey is good with cold war nylon.
(like with A-2's oversized is oversized but 3 inches of wrist just so the shoulders dont droop cos no-one in ww2 had a big a2 :( I know that makes me a blasphemer here... )

my 44 Superior Togs fits true and one size one way or the other should allow for a correct (or at worst acceptable) fit.

Honestly, I doubt you will regret it. these jackets are fine and hard to come by now..

Tim P

revisiting it the measurements do look like a 44 so maybe a 40l would be struggling. I maintain that an oversized nylon looks less offensive by far than a leather however.
the OD knits make it look different.

SuinBruin

What I really want is a trim-fitting cloth L-2. That would be ideal for me. Didn't Buzz make a cloth L-2 at some point? I seem to recall seeing one on eBay (too small for me, though). I think the nylon and cloth jackets look great except that some of them tend to be too puffy, especially in the sleeves. Add in the fact that the cloth and nylon jackets don't seem to come in "long" sizes (with the exception of the Buzz William Gibson line) and the whole enterprise becomes fraught with peril....

Oh well, the wife would probably hate me in a cloth or nylon jacket anyway. "You're not really going to wear that, are you?" :?

Tim P

I agree that you either like olive knits or not, same as red knits on a B10. I like the fact that it makes the jacket dfferent.

Weasel_Loader

I too saw that jacket when it got posted on ebay and almost went for it. Outstanding deal for the money, but I'm not a huge fan of olive knits on blue nylon and not comfortable about trying to fit into a size 42.

asiamiles

Could be good buy for someone if this is their size. Seller is right; green knit L-2A's are not common, and this may well sell for less than it would in Japan.

ausreenactor

There is a 40 on Yahoo, which is more my size. But I pushed this to $335. There was a niggler who chiselled
it up for the duration of the auction. Then he got sniped! Love it when that happens! They do not pop up often.

Couchy

ausreenactor

G'day!

I did not get it...I topped out $15 short! I have one in a 40 with the 9th FBS patch and
rank and name plate. Was a limited patched version. Hyper inflated price for the patch work.

P1100558.jpg

And I offloaded the sunnies and got a Medium set!!

There has been a bare 40 on Yahoo JP for months now. Waiting for him to drop his price...

Couchy