• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superior Togs B-15A

Dany McDonald

From the interweb:

''Lift the dot fasteners were first used to hold curtains back on horse drawn carriages. The military saw how strong and versatile these fasteners were and used them for satchel bags and gun holsters – where they are still used today.''

I used to see them on my 1980's Canadian airborne regiment jump smocks and other military gear.

Chandler

From the interweb:

''Lift the dot fasteners were first used to hold curtains back on horse drawn carriages. The military saw how strong and versatile these fasteners were and used them for satchel bags and gun holsters – where they are still used today.''
Okay, but as Jan says, they are not on his jacket. I only see the ring snaps he mentions. I'd be interested to see the "Lift the dot" fasteners used on a piece of clothing (presuming you can't call a cartridge belt a piece of "clothing").

mulceber

Okay, but as Jan says, they are not on his jacket. I only see the ring snaps he mentions. I'd be interested to see the "Lift the dot" fasteners used on a piece of clothing (presuming you can't call a cartridge belt a piece of "clothing").
This one from Jorge has them:
28000DC8-EAEC-432C-AC36-04603EF25305_1_105_c.jpeg