• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

superior to pritzker?

Tim P

Thanks to Couchy's buying and selling antics, my long project to get some blue nylon in my wardrobe is taking off. in recent weeks I have aquired from him a Pritzker contract apparently made by the few and a green knit Superior Togs from Buzz Rickson which came just the other day.
Aside from the fact that the Superior Togs is shorter by about 1.5 inches the two jackets are sized almost identically. I am happy to report that the Togs fits as a true 44 should. it is what would be described here as a true military fit. Happily being tall and with a long torso proprtionately these do not come up too short in either body or sleeve length.
the Pritzker issized as a 46 and if it is a few then it is consistent with their practice of undersizing garments compared to the labelled size. It fits as a 44. The Togs is of a noticeably more tafetta like nylon than the pritzker which has a slight coarseness that I would expect in cheaper high st nylons. I also like the black snaps of the buzz over the nickel of the other one. the decals of both jackets seem very good, the pritzker having thinner lettering. It goes further to win the day with its slightly contrasting and very tight stitching. the snaps on the buzz are of blackened metal while the few one has blue painted snaps. its black and bronze conmar zips are reminiscent to me of later jackets while the dull silver locking crown of the buzz seems to suit the jacket more. It however also has a black conmar on the sleeve unlike the Buzz b15c that I have (double crown). OD knits give the jacket a utility feel that appeals to me also. It is a clear winner over the Few one which, I have to say I am also happy with. Should I decide to badge one of them it will be the Pritzker.
mooching around for an L2 now. :D
I will try and do comparison shots when we get a good clear day.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Check with Couchy, Tim, The Few really haven't made any L-2A's yet.

If they do, they will have the wee label in the pocket .... perhaps the Pritzker is RMJ?

Tim P

checked the pocket and there it is, ' reproduced by the real McCoys'
thank you that man.. ;)
not as nice as the buzz in my opinion. less mil spec.