• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERB "REAL MCcoY" 7823 AER FAITHFULL REPRO .

dr.zak

this is by far the best repro of a G-1 i have ever encountered...
superb craftsmanship ,wonderful care to every detail ,one of the best mouton collars i ever met ,DAMN SEXY :mrgreen: .
REAL McCOY are imitating the CAGLECO contract i guess cos of the exact inside tag and the placement of the
USN stencil on the right back side of the collar where in all the AER early jackets "Werber ,Monarch ,Foster " USN was at the middle back .
this is my guess according to my knowledge ..although yet the sweeeeeet curving in pocket flaps belongs to the MONARCH contract and not to CAGLECO ,caglecos were pretty triangular.
either ways this jacket retails for over 1000 $..
its a hard decision cos in my own opinion nothing beats the scent and the soul of an original 50's era jacket...
but the question here is "where can some one find that mint Werber Monarch or Cagleco" ? ...
so if i ever thought about buying a repro i would blindly go for the real McCoy's version .
i cant deny that i really like it. :)

i just wanted to share this info for reference..maybe it could help someone cos i know very well that the REAL McCOY's web site has no pictures for their products .

best regards ..

Ahmed zak .

standard.jpg

standard_002.jpg

standard_003.jpg

standard_004.jpg

standard_005.jpg

standard_006.jpg

standard_007.jpg

standard_008.jpg

standard_009.jpg

standard_010.jpg

standard_011.jpg

standard_012.jpg

standard_013.jpg

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
dr.zak said:
... i cant deny that i really like it. :)

Me too Ahmed ...... :)

Here's my older version, labelled McCOY SPORTSWEAR CO, with the darker mouton, and the McCoy's Talon Zipper.

McCoyG-17823h.jpg

Jaydee

Nice! Looks pretty exact except maybe for the liner being a bit dark. Also the liner on the originals I have seen were more of a cotton type material. This one appears to have the synthetic blend type that are on the later G-1s

dr.zak

deeb7 said:
Me too Ahmed ...... :)
Here's my older version, labelled McCOY SPORTSWEAR CO, with the darker mouton, and the McCoy's Talon Zipper.

it looks just great sir specially with those pair of brown aviators :) great contrast with the mouton .

if its having a talon zipper and a usn stenciled then it might be the imitation of the WERBER AER contract since according to my knowledge this was the only contract among the AER series that used small tooth TALON zippers..

its a pleasure meeting you sir ..

dr.zak

Jaydee said:
Nice! Looks pretty exact except maybe for the liner being a bit dark. Also the liner on the originals I have seen were more of a cotton type material. This one appears to have the synthetic blend type that are on the later G-1s

im with you that this one looks pretty satiny but i guess this is just a mislead from the pictures..
according the military specs the lining should be 100% rayon and according to Real McCoy's website they are following the same specs...
concerning the color ,variations in color of the lining were even available in originals ...
and dont forget that these jackets gets to reach our hands after they have lived for over 50 years so you cant never judge what was the exact looks at the moment of birth :) .

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
dr.zak said:
if its having a talon zipper and a usn stenciled then it might be the imitation of the WERBER AER contract since according to my knowledge this was the only contract among the AER series that used small tooth TALON zippers..

its a pleasure meeting you sir ..

And you Ahmed.

Though you had better call me David, we have to reserve "sir" for Andrew (roughwear), he earned it. :)

I don't know about the Talon, perhaps it's just what RM had back then (1990's). It's the same zipper they used in the house style A-2's.

The USN had gone when I bought it, scrubbed off by the original owner. I matched an acrylic paint and recoloured the collar, it was down to the natural leather.

The lining in mine is certainly rayon, and yours looks to be the same.

Falcon_52

Ahmed:

What a beautiful jacket. I really love the pocket flap shape that Real McCoys did on this one. Thanks for taking the time to post the photos and I'm very anxious to see your M-422A...

Regards,

Noel

HHjackets

'fury' collar jackets definitely look smart and have class, compared to the, errr ..., other type jacket!!
now i have to find me a halfbelt and a fury collar jacket!

dr.zak

Falcon_52 said:
Ahmed:

What a beautiful jacket. I really love the pocket flap shape that Real McCoys did on this one. Thanks for taking the time to post the photos and I'm very anxious to see your M-422A...

Regards,

Noel

with pleasure sir...
the M-422A version has already been posted hope you like it ..
by the way it has the same highly desired and sought after curvy pocket flaps :) thumbs up to Real McCoy .

best regards .

dr.zak

deeb7 said:
And you Ahmed.Though you had better call me David, we have to reserve "sir" for Andrew (roughwear), he earned it. :) I don't know about the Talon, perhaps it's just what RM had back then (1990's). It's the same zipper they used in the house style A-2's.The USN had gone when I bought it, scrubbed off by the original owner. I matched an acrylic paint and recoloured the collar, it was down to the natural leather.
The lining in mine is certainly rayon, and yours looks to be the same.

i believe that im younger than the majority of forum members and i get used to always keep a title for those who are older than me :) so to not cause any kind of disrespect ..

the M-422A version carries a TALON small tooth zipper perhaps this version of yours sir is following its pattern since as far as i know the 7823 AER production line in Real McCoy's has just just been recently added to their catalogue its their new product to replace the M-422A reddish tint version that has been discontinued lately..
so bad that the USN stencil always dont last longer even in the original versions.

tamoko

tcwu said:
tamoko said:
Hi dr.zak
I think it is more correct place to view this Jackets in "Reviews" section.
Nice Jackets ;)

Those pictures are mine!
If you share picture online with out ("company name" property) or "Copyright symbol"
watermark http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_watermarking
this are free to use
Just read rules about http://www.copyright.gov/
But i think this is not really cool to view photos from preview owner.

And if you sold jacket this is not your jacket any more

dr.zak

tcwu said:
Those pictures are mine!

tcwu said:
The problem is he sounds like he OWNS the jackets!
He is not the buyer!
I don't mind he use my pictures but at least MADE IT CLEAR these are not his own pictures!
This is someone's pictures someone's jackets.

NOT HIS JACKETS

first of all when you talk with me you should talk more politely since you dont know who the hell i might be ...
2nd if you gave your self some seconds and read my reviews youll notice that im posting pictures for reference to any one whose thinking about buying a Real Mccoys jacket since they have no pictures to their products at their web site THESE ARE HERRRREE FOR HELPPPPPPPP and i have never mentioned by any how that these are my own jackets...got it..? how it is my own jacket and i have wrote by my own hands that "if i ever thought about buying a repro i would blindly go for the Real McCoys version "
dont insult any one you dont know after wards before you read well its not my fault that you have lack of reading or understanding capabilities...you could have at least joined a school before joining the forum .
keep remembering that Real McCoy's have a production line that is not just opened for your behalf...
these pictures are available all over the internet i haven't broke the rules of copyrights by posting some pictures for your magnificent piece of arts ...

TAMOKO: thanks for your help would definitely go for the reviews section after wards take it easy with me yet im new here..My best Regards ..

bfrench

Administrator
Hi, dr zak,

I have to agree with tcwu and tamoko.

When I first read the post and even when I reread the post I assumed it was a jacket you had in your possession at one time or another.

The pics were wrongfully assumed as being yours also.

Plus in doing a review of a jacket, please place it in the REVIEW section.

Now when someone points out to you that you are using their pictures even though they aren't copy protected - you do not flame them here on this forum - we do not act that way.

The very least you could have done is apologize and ask permission to use the pictures. Or even better yet, in the original post give credit to where you found the pics.

So from now on, if you're doing a jacket review, place it in the Review section, get permission to use the pictures and give credit for them.

When people do review jackets here, they either own them or have them in their possession and base their opinions on actually having the jacket at hand.

If you wish to do a pictorial on any subject - give credit for the pictures.

When someone speaks up that you are using their material, an apology is the accepted method here.

Bill French - moderator

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
dr.zak said:
the M-422A version carries a TALON small tooth zipper perhaps this version of yours sir is following its pattern since as far as i know the 7823 AER production line in Real McCoy's has just just been recently added to their catalogue its their new product to replace the M-422A reddish tint version that has been discontinued lately..

Ahmed, the 7823 AER is not new to the catalogue, mine is just an earlier version .... not an M-422A.

Although it's not listed, RM also have a 7823C with a blackened paperclip Conmar.

Here's the label on mine ...

McCoyG-17823label.jpg

dr.zak

bfrench said:
Hi, dr zak,

I have to agree with tcwu and tamoko.

When I first read the post and even when I reread the post I assumed it was a jacket you had in your possession at one time or another.

The pics were wrongfully assumed as being yours also.

Plus in doing a review of a jacket, please place it in the REVIEW section.

Now when someone points out to you that you are using their pictures even though they aren't copy protected - you do not flame them here on this forum - we do not act that way.

The very least you could have done is apologize and ask permission to use the pictures. Or even better yet, in the original post give credit to where you found the pics.

So from now on, if you're doing a jacket review, place it in the Review section, get permission to use the pictures and give credit for them.

When people do review jackets here, they either own them or have them in their possession and base their opinions on actually having the jacket at hand.

If you wish to do a pictorial on any subject - give credit for the pictures.

When someone speaks up that you are using their material, an apology is the accepted method here.

Bill French - moderator

i do highly respect your great manner in negotiating and i have totally got the point that reviews here have a private section ...
so i do warmly apologize ...

but i dont get the issue of the pictures yet these pictures are not the property of any one i dont know who is this guy + again i insist that i was very clear in pointing out the i dont own the jacket how come i own it and at the same time i say :
1) i prefer the scent and the soul of jackets from the 50's era .
2) if i ever thought about buying a repro i would blindly go for the Real McCoy's version .

*these 2 points are not clear enough to say that i dont own the jacket ?

i haven't fired any ones up hes the one who act arrogantly and accused me of being a skipper and a stealer ..
although i dont even know him ,i was doing nothing but defending my self ...

when i first joined this forum i found that many members talk about the issue of buying Real McCoy's jackets and they are suffering from lack of info cos RM web site is very limited in advertising their products ..
so i thought about giving a helping hand to any one whose thinking about buying ...
its not fair that at last i found my self being called a skipper and a stealer etc ...
i was just reviewing the jackets and if this guy would have talked with me politely from the start every thing would have run very smoothly + i dont believe that these are his pictures why hes not just trying to play around ..
again im saying these pictures are not the property of any one and with very high respect to every one here i dont believe that i have broked any kind of rules by posting them for reference..

if i have broke the rules of copyrights he may present me to the law .

with my best Regards Mr Bill . thanks once more for info and for your time .

Ahmed zak .