• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Studding a jacket

cgreen

Hi Everyone,

Hope the day's off to a good start. Wasn't quite sure where to post this so thought the Vintage forum would be a good spot.

I know Steve Sellers and Dena Hamilton can do great things with linings, zippers, and such but does anyone know where I can send a jacket in the US to have studs attached?

Any thoughts are most appreciated.

CG

cgreen

Thank you, will reach out to Steve - didn't know he did that, I appreciate the information. Enjoy the day.

CG

dinomartino1

What do you mean by studs, like this photo, that would be a costly exercise if you send it to someone to do. They are very simple to put on all you need is hammer and punch or a plier type punch, make a hole push the stud through and flatten the prongs to stop it falling out.

mens-studded-collar-leather-jacket-front.jpg

JonnyCrow

I'm really torn by studding a jacket....
As a motorcycle rider I hate them (because you loose the opportunity to "zip up" when it's cold and rainy)
But as a former Goth I think they're the bee's knees
I did the same as a Motorhead fan in the eighties, was zipped up once and got pushed in the chest in a crowded rock bar, not a nice feeling, never again haha had red leopard spots for weeks

CombatWombat

I did the same as a Motorhead fan in the eighties, was zipped up once and got pushed in the chest in a crowded rock bar, not a nice feeling, never again haha had red leopard spots for weeks
Haha yeah I went to a concert as a 20 year old with a studded jacket and had the same thing happen....got bumped over into the side of my gf's face and it was quite nasty