• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

strange jacket ???? type B painted ?????

Peter Graham

Someone suggested that the jacket might be a D-1. I don't think so. Too many differences. Someone else suggested that it might be German. I'm stumped. It definately looks military. And the artwork ? I'm no expert but it looks authentic. I bought a civilian A-2 from this seller a while back and was very happy. 100% honest.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Peter Graham said:
Someone suggested that the jacket might be a D-1. I don't think so. Too many differences. Someone else suggested that it might be German.

It's not a D-1 ... I suggested German, based on it being bought in Berlin, and the zippers.

That MEWA side zip is original, and from a long defunct, (1954) German maker.

m444uk

deeb7 said:
Peter Graham said:
That MEWA side zip is original, and from a long defunct, (1954) German maker.

David, you wouldn't happen to know when the German zip makers Ritsch and Zipp ceased trading ?
I'm trying to date a jacket which has brass ball and chain zips by these makers.

IMG_2221.jpg

As for the jacket in question.... my guess is it's a vintage prop out of the Babelsberg Film Studios or a German
employee of an AAF refinishing depot knocked it up out of off-cuts soon after the war finished !

adam