• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strange dubow label

A

Anonymous

kgrhqqokjie6tusgoborkn6.jpg

Any thoughts on how this has occured?
Anyone seen this label before?

Steve27752

As far as I am aware, early Dubows had a seperate size label. On later contracts the size was incorperated.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
It's the 27798 contract, so the size was woven into the label. Looks like they ran out of size 38 at the factory, and modified another size label ... you can almost see the top of the other number where the label is folded under.

Never seen that before.

A

Anonymous

it means that any repro that is a replica of any existing variation of an original will be considered accurate, (in which case cogwheels are indeed turning)

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
PLATON said:
it means that any repro that is a replica of any existing variation of an original will be considered accurate, (in which case cogwheels are indeed turning)

I would want more evidence of how it came about, and that it was more than a one-off, before considering it a variation.

The 27798 label is one of the things I like about the contract ... as a buyer I would see it as penny pinching, and it would put me off.

RCSignals

PLATON said:
you 're right.
no good

I think your first example from an original jacket works, and justifies doing it There had to be more than one done that way, even if only size 38s