• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Sportswear 28557

jschare

Here are some pics of my Star 28557 original that I just purchased from JC. The shell is original, however, the lining and knits have been replaced. This is my first original and I'm very happy so far.

Roughwear

It great to see a post about an original A2 Your Star is very nice indeed. The cowhide has a great patina. As a size 36 is this a display jacket or a wearer?

jschare

Roughwear said:
It great to see a post about an original A2 Your Star is very nice indeed. The cowhide has a great patina. As a size 36 is this a display jacket or a wearer?

It's tagged as a 36 but it fits like a 40. The chest from pit to pit is 22 inches in the front and 21 inches across the back. The shoulders are 17.75 inches. I wear a 40 and it fits but a little tight in the armpits. Here are the measurements that John posted for the jacket:

Front along zipper 21.5"
Front chest under arms 22"
Back width under arms 21"
Back height 23.75"
Shoulder width 17.75"
Sleeves, from shoulder to end of cuff 23.75"

Andrew, so this contract used cowhide and not horse?

chamboid

This is indeed a lovely jacket. I had a look at it, but it was too big.

I'll have to get some pictures up of the Dubow 1755 that I got from JC recently.

He supplied the right knits and had a really reasonably price and very competent company got them. So as I can I'll get a thread going.

This jacket looks great though. Are you going to wear it a lot or for 'special' occasions?

jschare

chamboid said:
This jacket looks great though. Are you going to wear it a lot or for 'special' occasions?

Well, it seems like it's in remarkable shape so I'll try and wear it as much as I can. The leather feels very strong throughout most of the jacket.

Skip

Silver Surfer said:
yup, wear it. thats what they were made for.

Takes time to get that wear on repros and the years are a getting faster so as SS says...

that's a beauty though, wish I could get an original to fit my lofty dimensions

Peter Graham

Really nice. For me, that would be a regular wearer. You're fortunate that it's got a Talon zipper. They stand the test of time much better than Conmar or Crown. Let's see some pics of it being worn.

Rutger

Yeah, good fit, that's how it should: enough room to move without the modern baggy look.
Your avatar looks grumpier....

Silver Surfer

grumpy usn? naaawww. say it aint so, joe. the fit is just the way it should be. good catch, good price, good fit, what more can ya ask for?

chamboid

Superb jacket. And great fit. I think I saw this jacket before J C did the work on it. And he's done a great job. I bet you never thought you be a 36 chest.