• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sporty's A2's and G1's? Or?

CSG said:
I live in southern Idaho, G&B is in San Diego. It's actually around 900 miles. Maybe 90 minutes by F-16. ;)

Point is, it's going to have to be mail order no matter what.

Sorry CSG, I must have had you confused with someone else. As Bill pointed out, FS/G&B's customer service is excellent, so it's not too much of a risk dealing with them long distance. (If you are a very fit individual, you might want to go down a size - if you're a widebody like me, you'll find their oversized fit to be a good thing.)

R7000

Sporty's G-1s were at one time made by Taylor's of Tennessee. I got one for my daughter and they are very nice but not authentic mil. Pockets, lack USN stamp, etc. But nice leather and knits and Taylor's will fix them if necessary.

Cooper gets disrespected a lot but I think they made a fine G-1 product for the money, but note that the Cooper G-1 is a COAT, not a jacket in my opinion, as they run very large (at least 4-6 inches) and the sleeves are big enough for a body builder's arms. My real size is 42 and my Cooper 38 is still too large. I would like to find a size 36 Cooper. Other mil spec jackets are much tidier. I wear my Cooper only when I need layers; I can fit a hoody under it. I wear vintage MIL on my motorcycle.

Tom