• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spanish civil war pilot jacket

Rory Schultz

I came across these same jackets and told the seller they are NOT from Spanish Civil War because 1, Jacket has the zippers that are Zipp / Lightning Nurnberg which those zippers were made in 1942. I had written to Zipp Works GmbH about those zippers years ago and they said they were not making the ZIPP lightning Nurnberg until 1942-1945
So they did not exist during Spanish civil war. Also None of the German Pilots were wearing any styles like this. The one collar shows a red color leather with wheel on it which I saw the exact same one on a jackets for Drivers in Transportation Corp. These jackets he had were all Post Spanish Civil War.

The Lincoln Brigade which were mix of volunteers had a mix of jackets and some were actual American A-1's along with some copied versions.

The second Leather jacket is similar but has the collar insignia removed but the arm zippers look to be the American made or Canadian made zipper.

JonnyCrow

I came across these same jackets and told the seller they are NOT from Spanish Civil War because 1, Jacket has the zippers that are Zipp / Lightning Nurnberg which those zippers were made in 1942. I had written to Zipp Works GmbH about those zippers years ago and they said they were not making the ZIPP lightning Nurnberg until 1942-1945
So they did not exist during Spanish civil war. Also None of the German Pilots were wearing any styles like this. The one collar shows a red color leather with wheel on it which I saw the exact same one on a jackets for Drivers in Transportation Corp. These jackets he had were all Post Spanish Civil War.

The Lincoln Brigade which were mix of volunteers had a mix of jackets and some were actual American A-1's along with some copied versions.

The second Leather jacket is similar but has the collar insignia removed but the arm zippers look to be the American made or Canadian made zipper.
There you go, another ' flight of fancy ' like all the German so called private purchase jackets about that are cycle or motorcycle jackets, I knew somebody would know