• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something you do not see every day "M-422A" with fur lining

bazelot

I just received this jacket. When I bought it I thought it was a real Ed Church M-422A with a fur lining added but it turns out that it is not a M-422A, it is really close but the leather is cowhide I think and really really soft, it does not have the usual gussets under the arms and of course no USN on the collar. The zipper is a beautiful triple marked military Talon (except thta the puller is different) and the whole jacket is lined in beautiful fur (that would be perfect for M-422As collars :))
Leather is truly beautiful and this jacket is the warmest I have ever worn, the arms are also fur lined and it feels like wearing a bullet proof vest. The waistband and knits are correct M-422As and are in amazing shape.
What do you guys think?

Silver Surfer

Re: Something you do not see every day "M-422A" with fur lin

thats a first. civy? relined? hershey bar puller? could be early 40s if the puller and zipper is original. though the pocket flaps would say it was made later. reckon there is someone that would know better then my guessing.

bazelot

Yes zipper is original. The pocket flaps look like the ED Church M-422A. It is definitely civy and was probably made in the early 40s. THe weird thing is that the cuffs and waistband which are original are made for the M-422A

Phantomfixer

bazelot said:
Yes zipper is original. The pocket flaps look like the ED Church M-422A. It is definitely civy and was probably made in the early 40s. THe weird thing is that the cuffs and waistband which are original are made for the M-422A

Would imagine there was a lot of surplus hardware going around...Very nice jacket...looks like you have new winter coat!

MikeyB-17

Wonder if it's a civilian version made by one of the USN contractors. Almost looks like the windflap is goat and the rest of the jacket horse from the closeup. Looks really nice.

chamboid

What an interesting jacket, that is a real find, and looks amazing, in great shape. Has to be super warm. It's essentially a leather b-10 isn't it.

Is the wing flap goat skin? And are there no identifying marks on the jacket what so ever, be it in the pockets like a size or union lable?

bazelot

I forgot to put a picture of the back. It is exactly the same as a M422a

Peter Graham

Very cool jacket Tom. What size is it ? I've never seen a Talon puller like that. Has it got a pen slot in the left pocket ?

bazelot

It is a size 40 or 42. There is no pen slot. So far i spotted 5 differences with the M-422A, no pen slot, no gussets under the arms, 1 button on the collar (instead of 2), no USN on the back, not made of goatskin.

Silver Surfer

ditto. bizzaro, but cool. flip it inside out and ya have the much desired "grizzly" styled jac....hahaha.

Clark J

Tommy I'm still waiting for that "closet"shot of all those darn Navy goats you own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bazelot

Clark J said:
Tommy I'm still waiting for that "closet"shot of all those darn Navy goats you own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn i forgot! I will post a pic before the end of the week :)

A

Anonymous

what can you say?
the guy was cold

bazelot

I was cleaning it and I found a Mercury Silver dime 1934 in the pocket. It does not mean much except that I was surprised to find the coin :)