• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something wrong with VLJ?

bfrench

Administrator
tamoko said:
:?
I don't know, maybe only for me. But it is look very low activity on VLJ. Over 1000 members but last time i see 2 or 4 members looking forum.

Hi, Tamoko,

Probably the beginning of summer - nobody's wearing jackets in the northern hemisphere at least until September.

Cheers,
Bill French

Roughwear

Duxford was last weekend! Perhaps with the current hot spell in the UK everyone is out and about away from their computers. ;)

Roughwear

I have noticed lately that posts from members showing original leather jackets are very few and far between.

better duck

Indeed! I too noticed that many of the posts were about buying and selling stuff, and very little in between.

bfrench

Administrator
better duck said:
Indeed! I too noticed that many of the posts were about buying and selling stuff, and very little in between.

We, as other forum sites in the past, keep changing our identity a bit - we migrate to full out everybody involved to just a few members posting.

It'll all come back in the colder weather when we all start looking at what is new and what we have in our closets.

Cheers,
Bill French

Jason

Just starting to get into prime jacket wearing time in the southern hemisphere.

This morning had a very hard frost, just a touch above 20 degrees (F) / -5 degrees (C) here, perfect for an Irvin or my current favourite an Alpha B-15c repro. Expect to see some posts from us down-under over the next few months ;)

ausreenactor

Jason is on the money for the weather Down Under. Not as Down Under as Jason though! Wore my RMNZ Dubow last weekend to a military event. Then today was a B-15A(Mod)...M-65 by night inside, and getting the Irvin ready...

Couchy

Andrew

This question's sure to get a few replies. I also had the feeling that everyone had started to take their bats and balls and gone home- it always happens around this time of year.

anyhow, here's something to admire, another shot from "30 Seconds..."

vlcsnap-2010-04-19-16h43m36s180.png