• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something a little different

jbmilart

HankPorters6thMarinespatch.jpg
Here's something a little different... This was a "dedication art" for the 6th Marine Division, 1st Battalion, 4th Marines... who was the only Marine Division, never spent one day in the Continental United States... Starting from the defence of Corregidor, in January 1942... and most all major operations throughout the Pacific war.
Hank Porter was the original artist... I used his rough colored pencil sketch of this artwork, which I thought would be intersting to do. I don't know if this art was ever used as a patch... so I painted it on paper... and I can use this as a template later on. I changed a few things on this piece from the original... The original rifle, was a cartoon version of the M1 Garand... I just made it look a bit more... realistic... I also added a heck of a lot more shadows and highlights to help the artwork... POP!...(IMO). This painting is 7 inches long by 5 1/4 inches wide...

Jim