• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Somebody trying to sell a fake Good Wear

Persimmon

Jeff M said:
Persimmon said:
Perhaps he does not know ?
Is everyone as intelligent as the folks on this site who can spot all the differences throughout the bands of A2 quality from a mall A2 to Aero and then Eastman / Kelso to Goodwear ?
And I haven't even mentioned Buzz and the Few and McCoys ..
Perhaps not !!

May not.
Good reason to contact the seller and direct him here/to the Good Wear site.

But what happens..... if it is a Goodwear .....despite everyman and his Dog (including Platon) denoucing it as a fake ( a Kelso )

All hell will break loose again !!!!!!!!
Heavens

767fo

Persimmon said:
Jeff M said:
Persimmon said:
Is everyone as intelligent as the folks on this site who can spot all the differences throughout the bands of A2 quality from a mall A2 to Aero and then Eastman / Kelso to Goodwear ?
Perhaps not !!

May not.

But what happens..... if it is a Goodwear .....despite everyman and his Dog (including Platon) denoucing it as a fake ( a Kelso )

Heavens

:lol:

ButteMT61

Persimmon said:
Jeff M said:
Persimmon said:
Perhaps not !!

May not.

Heavens

...depends on who buys it :lol:

ausreenactor

Jeff M said:
Persimmon said:
Perhaps not !!

May not.

I thought this would have been the immediate action drill for an astute forum member. Still at $400, so no cause for concern. If the buyer gets it for $400 and is happy all is good in the world. I will contact the seller and relay the possiblity that his jacket might not be a Good Wear. And that he should sell it one of my mates for $300! ;) Only joking.

"Hello,
I just wanted to raise the possibility that this jacket might be a reproduction A-2 from 'Bill Kelso'. BK purchased some surplus labels from Good Wear via eBay some time ago. The BK jackets are gaining some well deserved praise for their jackets; however, they are still a fair way off the high standard set by Good Wear. Your bidding will certainly be a guide as to the value bidders and collectors will apportion to the jacket. Good luck with your sale. Thanks for your listing. A BK jacket at the current price represents great value. TC"

Couchy

A

Anonymous

I don't think it is our job to correct every wrong in society.
Let those who 'serve and protect' do it. (I doubt they do anything either)
If some misinformed guy pays more for it, then that's life, his mistake, he should have known better.
We can't educate everybody either.

What do you think?

ausreenactor

PLATON said:
If some misinformed guy pays more for it, then that's life, his mistake, he should have known better.

What do you think?

Just trying to appease those who are really taking the matter to heart. Now it is in the hands of the seller and the bidders. All will be revealed when we see a positive feedback from both parties. There is the possiblity that the seller does not know otherwise, and that the seller does not know eBay enough to revise an item or a display questions. Time will show that the buyer and seller are both happy with their transaction. There have been GWs sold for under $400 in the past, but WE are inclined to believe that this is a BK.

Couchy

A

Anonymous

yeah, BK of the early copies too.

if you think of it one way, all repros are fake good wears
and good wears are fake originals huh?
:lol:

Jeff M

PLATON said:

What do you think?

Since you asked....I'm not a fan of "as long as I'm not the one getting burned... why get involved?" as a life philosophy.

If I was an honest seller making an honest mistake, I'd be thankful for the input and direction of those with more expertise.

If I was a buyer looking to buy this jacket, I'd be thankful that folks with more knowledge than I were out there trying to set things straight.

Karma baby.
What goes around comes around.

ausreenactor

Update..

Seller has included the question, revised the item description and I can guarantee the start bidder will not retract that $400 bid. I would now think there will be extra bids based on the fact it is NOT a GW. Ethical seller with a good jacket. :cool:

"G'day,

It is a GREAT jacket and well worth bids! Your inclusion of the questions speaks volumes as to your character. Good luck with this jacket sale
and your future eBay endeavours!

TC"

Jeff M

I contacted the seller also.
Sent me this nice reply;

"Hello;

thank you for the message. I ahve included this information to the description yesterday and contacted the member who placed bid that if he wants I will cancel the bid. I won´t to cheat anybody I have only writte what I have been told.
Kind regards!"

There are folks on eBay who make honest mistakes in their listing, want to avoid misleading bidders and appreciate additional information/resources.