• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some of My New Jackets

CryptoDave

Hope this comes out, this is my first try at posting images so here goes.

First Up is my ELC B6:

1bfa54c5.jpg

f2605a43.jpg

5e60c13d.jpg

Second is My Aero Hercules:
63303bc2.jpg

d06bcf06.jpg

And Last is My Cockpit Roughneck Oil Driller:
33346ea2.jpg

c9cf3bbf.jpg

I have an Irvin on Order from Jon at Aces High which should arrive in several weeks and I will post pics.

I also have on order an A2 SAT TOG form Good Wear, but that wont be ready until next year.

dmar836

Dave,
Thanks for posting. Great looking jackets - all of them.
I might suggest, before JC and Jon are done with your orders, that you consider sizing down a bit. Of course, nothing can substitute for your comfort but, as far as appearance, I would suggest a size down or two might make you as happy and better look the part.
Great jackets for sure and the sleeves could be turned up on those you have for a bit better fit.
JMO and keep posting!
Dave

CryptoDave

dmar836 said:
Dave,
Thanks for posting. Great looking jackets - all of them.
I might suggest, before JC and Jon are done with your orders, that you consider sizing down a bit. Of course, nothing can substitute for your comfort but, as far as appearance, I would suggest a size down or two might make you as happy and better look the part.
Great jackets for sure and the sleeves could be turned up on those you have for a bit better fit.
JMO and keep posting!
Dave

You are probably correct. Since I ordered these jackets I have lost some weight. I also notified both Jon and John and they have taken this into account.

Also, since the Aero is a FQHH and has not been broken in or worn at all, I was under the belief that the arms would shorten up a bit after being broken in. Also, I don't know if this matters much, but I really don't like tight fitting jackets. What's your thoughts?

Thanks

Dave

ButteMT61

They are all beautiful (not a huge fan of the last one though) but I agree they're too large. If you're going to keep them, I'd consider the HWT on them. I don't like tight jackets either (although I'm coming around to trimmer models) but I do believe they're too large on you. The other options are to sell or trade them on new ones. Whatever makes YOU happy. We're only here as the peanut gallery to offer up a measly 2¢, +VAT :lol:

CryptoDave

ButteMT61 said:
They are all beautiful (not a huge fan of the last one though) but I agree they're too large. If you're going to keep them, I'd consider the HWT on them. I don't like tight jackets either (although I'm coming around to trimmer models) but I do believe they're too large on you. The other options are to sell or trade them on new ones. Whatever makes YOU happy. We're only here as the peanut gallery to offer up a measly 2¢, +VAT :lol:

Hey Butte,

I'm definitely going to keep them. The odd thing that the pictures don't tell is that they are very comfortable across the shoulders/back. One option is to have them altered, I have an excellent tailor who works on leather, but I'm hesitant to do this as I sometimes like to wear a heavy sweater under them. Also the B6 seems to fit/feel good I think downsizing that would be too tight.

CryptoDave

I should also explain that I am a part time photographer and as such I am constantly raising my arms and can't stand a jacket that constricts or binds me around the shoulders and arms. I need freedom of movement in those areas. I'm not rationalizing just trying to give a deeper explanation. But I do agree from the pics, especially the Aero, that it does look a bit large.

ButteMT61

The B-6 looks the least large. But if you like them, that's cool. I'd just not want to be honest is all. They're lovely. Maybe unbuttoned/zipped and a jumper they're fitting better. Don't mind us, they're yours to enjoy!

mindful

nice collection b6 looks cool i did think the other jackets did look big a as well but didn't want to criticize ;)

Vcruiser

You asked for thoughts.
Mine are: Some very nice and expensive jackets(and more coming)...but sorry...'I just don't get the fit'. :?

CryptoDave

After much thought and constantly looking at these pics, I decided to take your advice. I'm going to my tailor who has a lot of experience with leather and start with the Aero and have it adjusted. When it's done I will repost some pics. Thanks for your input.

Dave

ECKHARTUS

Hi, The Hercules is too big. On your place, I shall ask Aero or a fashion designer to add a thick lining in sheepkin inside. It shall allow to win one size or two size and the adjustment would be perfect. I thinkit could be a good solution.
Sorry for my poor english. :lol:

CryptoDave

Vcruiser said:
You asked for thoughts.
Mine are: Some very nice and expensive jackets(and more coming)...but sorry...'I just don't get the fit'. :?

I think you and Butte and everyone else who has commented are correct about the size/fit. After looking at the pics and trying the jackets I have realized that I do like the feel in the shoulders of a slightly looser feel but with that comes a larger ( if that's the correct phrase) lower bottom section which tends to look too big. When I had myself measured by a professional tailor who has made me several custom suits, my chest size is 42" and my waist is 30". The Aero which is one of my favorite jackets is a size 42. So I don't know if I just have unusual size proportions that require that I get my jackets custom tailored or not? What I have decided to do is to take the Aero to my tailor who is excellent, and has worked with leather (in fact he has made leather jackets), and have him adjust the Aero. It will be expensive, but in the end it will give me the fit I'm looking for. I'm probably going to leave the B6 alone because I like the feel and it doesn't look that bad to my eye. I'm also going to wear a heavy sweater under it. As for the Cockpit Oil Driller, I will most likely have that adjusted as well later.

Dave

TOMG1401

I would return if possible, if not sell them and buy proper fit, no tailor can re-cut an entire jacket and put it back together, it would be a mess

HHjackets

honest opinion ... the jackets look huge and out of proportion, you look like you are sinking in them, sorry but 's what they look like.
when people lose weight they sell the jackets and buy the right size. if wearing the right size while photographing causes you discomfort with raising arms etc and you don't like tight fitting jackets, it's probably because they are no meant for photography.
asking your tailor to take them apart is not the solution either, even sending them back to their manufacturers to have them adjusted is not the solution either, it's a waste of money and you don't how they will turn out, probably as bad but in a different way.
what you do with them is your choice obviously, i'd just just buy a Canada Goose, it will keep you warm and they are comfortable, warm and classy.

stanier

It's always difficult commenting on somone's personal choice, but these jackets all look too big.

However, what prompted me to post is hopefully a helpful addition that I would strongly urge not to have a tailor mess about with any of these and potentially destroy the resale value.

Just sell them on and enjoy replacing them with smaller sizes (at least one and possible two sizes smaller).

Not meant to be unkind, just hopefully helpful.

Cheers

Roughwear

They are all nice jackets and certainly too large. I would recommend advertsing them for sale here or on Ebay and buying jackets which are a decent fit.

CBI

Yes, just sell them on eBay or here and get your actual size. I'll bet you got more than you expected on this thread!!!!!!

ButteMT61

There's a reason photographers use vests and parkas, and not fashion jackets to work in. I queried a couple of my professional photog friends (as in guys who made millions in the photography business and teach it) and they use purpose made vests and outerwear. One has done quite a bit of work in Alaska and the poles, as well as high altitude stuff.
For less cold areas, you could get better-fitting jackets and jumpers for wearing under. Take the jacket off when it's time to move around. Comfort shouldn't trump looking good with the right gear.
Good luck.

Jaguar46

Not to say you aren't happy with these jackets, but if these were my jackets, I wouldn't like the fit on myself, too large a fit for me.