• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

some 1950's nylon

asiamiles

Anyone know what the jacket worn by Jacques Henaux (2nd photo, front row left)? Looks to be blue cloth with a light coloured mouton collar.

CHECK6

The Belgians jacket were a kind of B15 in grey colour ,sometimes with the leather hangers on the breast

Gorik

Does anyone know the type of flight suit on the 4th photo, with G-pants inside the suit I think.
I have the same but there's no label inside.
Thx

Atticus

Tim P said:
watchmanjimg said:
Tim P said:
no controversy.... love the green ;)

That's the easy part, Tim. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was referring to the explanation (or lack thereof) behind the use of green knits.

I know. It is an oddity that is for sure. An imponderable but its just that little bit different.
does anyone here have an original? I know it has been discussed before but the controversy continues.

My Alpha replica B15d got an airing the other day and was a Godsend in sub-zero temperatures. I wont hear a word said against them..

When I bought my N-2A, it came to me with green cuffs. They are clearly miliary, 100% wool, MA-1/L-2B cuffs. At first, I thought of replaceing them with "proper" blue ones. I even bought some mil-spec blue cuffs from MASH to use. But then it struck me that my jacket probably illustrates what we so often discuss here...that is, field repaired blue nylon. Clearly, at some point the cuffs on my jacket wore out, and some rigger replaced them with what was then available...green MA-1 cuffs. So, now I'm glad that I never replaced the cuffs with blue. I've never paid too much attention to "jacket history" but I think the green cuffs on my N-2A are just that.

JackiesTesters041-1-1.jpg

spookyeyes002.jpg

AF

A

Anonymous

This thread typifies why I love this forum: people bringing interesting things (be it flight gear or photos) and seeing information freely given and exchanged and debated and all with no I'll will or offence. Excellent !
Dave

Members online

Latest posts