• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So Sad

Tim P

i have quite a number of Ralpoh Lauren military knock-offs, i like them but i pay tiny dollar for them as deadstock or second hand items. They are surprisingly close by and large to the item they replicate. this jacket looks earable but I would not go beyond half what he is asking whatever the 'new' price was. RL is way pricey.
some people may not want 9or know of) GW but they will want RL for different reasons.

better duck

But what a strange thing fashion is: this apparition really comes close to an authentic jacket, with repaired tears and faded art work and all. I mean: put in a fake original makers label a bit smartly (choose your maker for collar and pocketflap shape etc) and you could fool even al lot of us... And then, just because the label says "RL" the wearer is a fashion cognoscenti instead of a slightly wierd second world warlover! Oh what a sorry lot we are :D

MikeyB-17

That's actually not far short of a decent repro-whatever happened to 'thou shalt not wear those brown WWII 'Bomber' jackets' or some such piffle in that silly clothes-horse magazine back along?

Tim P

I handled a russet one, soft horsehide is my best guess at an outlet store near me about three years ago. It had everything. the snaps didnt have indentations and the 'talon' art deco style zip read polo etc etc but it was a very nice jacket. Better than many mid high end. No artwork or anything on it. it was £300 or thereabouts. I was so flush for a-2's it didnt enter my head to buy one.
My latest is an absolute corking M-41 jacket with embroidery on it. (were the embroidery not there it would be a first grade repro, correct weight poplin, right buttons etc) it was £12 on the bay.
It would go nicely with the faded out patched up USMC HBT pants I also got (for £9.99) but I will never wear them together have no fear.

No,their A-2's are nice. Someone on their design staff is savvy about ww2 clothing and probably keeping an example of everything he likes!!!!!!!.

Django

There is another one up now. At first I thought, why would they have an 8th AF with a PTO B-24. Then I saw it wasn't an 8, but an R. :roll:

handworn

Aren't the pockets too close to the midline?

better duck said:
But what a strange thing fashion is: this apparition really comes close to an authentic jacket, with repaired tears and faded art work and all. I mean: put in a fake original makers label a bit smartly (choose your maker for collar and pocketflap shape etc) and you could fool even al lot of us... And then, just because the label says "RL" the wearer is a fashion cognoscenti instead of a slightly wierd second world warlover! Oh what a sorry lot we are :D