• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SM Wholesale vs. WWII Impressions

CadillacLandYacht

Hello All,

I have the chance to pickup a Tanker Jacket from one of these two manufacturers, and wanted some input.

SM Wholesale is in stock, WWII Impressions should be in stock soon.

It will be a "2nd Pattern"

Anybody have any pictures? Insight?

Thanks!

Chandler

Are you looking at the one SM is calling the Fury Second Pattern? Not sure I like their color.

I see WW2 Impy mentions they have some jackets with seamed wrist cuffs and you have to specify whether or not you want them. To be clear, originals didn't have seamed cuffs -- if that's an important detail to you.

Have you considered At The Front?

Last edited:

CadillacLandYacht

I have considered an At The Front. What got me is that SM Wholesale and WWII Impressions both claim to have supplied the jackets for “Fury”

Chandler

...and the WWIIImp is too high waisted.
How old was your jacket? I remember mine from the early 2000s being rather high waisted too.

On top of that, the knits on both cuffs and collar were far too short and the color of the shell very off. I'd thought they'd remedied these problems, but seeing their statement about seamed cuffs makes me wonder.

CadillacLandYacht

All three jackets are very tempting.
Anyone have pictures? I’m interested in seeing the color of the shells on these jackets, and how the hold up/change over time.

Chandler

Apologies for my crappy cell phone images. Apparently focus really isn't. Color is pretty good though, after some adjustments.

Older, 2-wash jacket in front, unworn behind. Both fleece-lined.
Probably lost 2 inches length with the washing... and accidental tumble dry, but the fit still feels good.

y3wy5xl.jpg

bn1966

Saw one of the Fury jackets in the flesh last week with a bullet hole & fake bloodstain...in Devon UK of all places

Chandler

Color looks nice on on both the ATFs, almost unchanged! Thank you for the pictures Chandler.
I think the light direction put a shadow on the top jacket -- it's probably a shade or two lighter than the bottom (new) jacket and the knit lightened in color, too.

You can also see a little less pucker where the shell meets the waistband -- also due to some shrinkage.

CBI

another positive with ATF is the color, more green than tan - me like more! My WW2 Impressions was an older one.

CadillacLandYacht

Although the ATF Tanker has got some serious looks, I am leaning heavily toward picking up the SM Wholesale jacket, 2nd Pattern.

I did contact WWII Impressions, and they let me know they should have a restock or their Tanker over the summer, but it did not sound definitive.

B-Man2

Although the ATF Tanker has got some serious looks, I am leaning heavily toward picking up the SM Wholesale jacket, 2nd Pattern.

I did contact WWII Impressions, and they let me know they should have a restock or their Tanker over the summer, but it did not sound definitive.
That’s been the problem with WWII Imp
They never have the item in stock and they are usually expecting by ??? And they never give you a decisive answer .