• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SM Wholesale - Kanaljacke / Flieger Jerkin

geedee

Hi guys I'm hoping someone out there can help me with this one - I know if I can't get help here I can't get it anywhere! It looks like a good jacket and I'd like to order one but I'm not sure about sizing - I'm usually between a size 40 and size 42, tall with with longish arms - and I'm based in the UK so returns aren't very practical! I've tried contacting them for measurements but no replies!
Do any of you guys have experience of this jacket, how it's sized, or could even help me out with some measurements?
Thanks!

1684328157571.png

https://www.smwholesaleusa.com/shop-german/wwii-3rd-model-luftwaffe-flieger-jerkin

geedee

Well you learn something here all the time - never seen one of these before, an almost Luftwaffe M421! Nice looking jacket and always liked the Luftwaffe eagle but no doubt that would raise a few eyebrows if worn out and about - I couldn’t!!
Yes I would not wear one with an eagle!!

Kermit3D

Hi guys I'm hoping someone out there can help me with this one - I know if I can't get help here I can't get it anywhere! It looks like a good jacket and I'd like to order one but I'm not sure about sizing - I'm usually between a size 40 and size 42, tall with with longish arms - and I'm based in the UK so returns aren't very practical! I've tried contacting them for measurements but no replies!
Do any of you guys have experience of this jacket, how it's sized, or could even help me out with some measurements?
Thanks!

View attachment 109999
https://www.smwholesaleusa.com/shop-german/wwii-3rd-model-luftwaffe-flieger-jerkin

You should talk with @Enigma1938 , he owns one.
I am very interested as I would like one too, and am also on a size 40-42. ;)

Here is Enigma's review

geedee

You should talk with @Enigma1938 , he owns one.
I am very interested as I would like one too, and am also on a size 40-42. ;)

Here is Enigma's review
Perfect, thank you so much Kermit, I will contact him and let you know what he says!!

Enigma1938

Perfect, thank you so much Kermit, I will contact him and let you know what he says!!
Hi geedee,
I'm not 100 % sure but I think I have ordered a size 42.
I just measured a bit on mine:
Pit to pit 61cm, shoulders seam to seam 50cm, back length from collar seam 65cm, sleeve length from shoulder seam 64cm.

I'm usually a size 42 / 44 (with one exception) and the Kanaljacke fits me nice and roomy.
But bear in mind that this jacket was meant to be worn over the Uniform so it's cut is roomy, I suggest if you want it a trimmer fit go down a size.

I'm 186 cm tall and have a weight of 85 - 90 kg. Bad mirror selfie:
2023-05-17-20-26-38-626.jpg

geedee

Hi geedee,
Pit to pit 61cm, shoulders seam to seam 50cm, back length from collar seam 65cm, sleeve length from shoulder seam 64cm.

I'm usually a size 42 / 44 (with one exception) and the Kanaljacke fits me nice and roomy.
But bear in mind that this jacket was meant to be worn over the Uniform so it's cut is roomy, I suggest if you want it a trimmer fit go down a size.

I'm 186 cm tall and have a weight of 85 - 90 kg. Bad mirror selfie:View attachment 110095
Thanks so much Chris, that's great, really helpful!!

Monsoon

Hi geedee,

I'm 186 cm tall and have a weight of 85 - 90 kg. Bad mirror selfie:View attachment 110095
Yours looks better than their picture on the website. Is the eagle embroidered directly to the garment?

Enigma1938

Yours looks better than their picture on the website. Is the eagle embroidered directly to the garment?
The website shows a prototype model, they have improved the jacket meanwhile. The eagle is separate as it should be. I have decided for it for the sake of Authenticity but without the svastika.

Southoftheborder

Well you learn something here all the time - never seen one of these before, an almost Luftwaffe M421! Nice looking jacket and always liked the Luftwaffe eagle but no doubt that would raise a few eyebrows if worn out and about - I couldn’t!!
About forty years ago I bought a short leather jacket that had been made as a film prop for The Eagle has Landed I think from a seller in Exchange and Mart. A general purpose weekly newspaper where you could buy practically anything for those too young to remember it or not familiar with the UK; and It came with the eagle and swastika attached.

I certainly wasn't planning to wear it like that but a certain devilment made me wear it down the road for a bit after I opened the package. I lived just up the hill from Golders Green at the time towards the heath and I walked down almost as far as the shops before I thought better of it.

You could still see the shape of the insignia in the stitch marks after I took it off and sometimes I would think people were looking closely at it when I walked in the area......

johnwayne

“I am a German officer” in Caine’s cockney voice! Golders Green is the last area of London you’d wear that, what a rebel’
Certainly recall Exchange&Mart, bought my first ‘crap’ A2 from there, similarly from the TV series Well Meet Again about an 8thAF Squadron - it was a pale impression of what we’ve all got to know since!!

JonnyCrow

“I am a German officer” in Caine’s cockney voice! Golders Green is the last area of London you’d wear that, what a rebel’
Certainly recall Exchange&Mart, bought my first ‘crap’ A2 from there, similarly from the TV series Well Meet Again about an 8thAF Squadron - it was a pale impression of what we’ve all got to know since!!
The Ostmann jacket that ELC made :)