• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SM Wholesale '36 flight boots

handworn

If they're good quality (and I have to say I have no experience with these boots) I'd probably consider it worth it. It seems like no one reproduces them for very long, and used pairs are not available often in any size, much less mine.

Does ANYONE else make 'em? Anyone know a good English cobbler who could?

PADDY_M

Check the Flying Boots thread on TFL as one of members has supplied RMW in Australia with original 36's to reproduce.

Andrew

deeb7 said:
Is this project back on, Andrew? I thought they worked out too expensive.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3714&p=40959

Well Dave.... maybe, possibly, perhaps, we'll see. :cool: ;) (But I will admit that RMW have had a mint pair of Bedggood Browns and a good example of Air Ministry stamped black 36'ers for the past month).

I do wonder how many people would really want a pair of these though. I'd like to let them know.

dmar836

Do these SM boots not suffer the same issues as all the other repro boots?
Vamp attachment
"White fleece"
Cut/shape of upper

Looks to me to be no better, and maybe not as good, as WPG, etc.

Just sayin'
Dave

leper-colony

Andrew said:
deeb7 said:
Is this project back on, Andrew? I thought they worked out too expensive.

http://vintageleatherjackets.org/viewto ... 14&p=40959

Well Dave.... maybe, possibly, perhaps, we'll see. :cool: ;) (But I will admit that RMW have had a mint pair of Bedggood Browns and a good example of Air Ministry stamped black 36'ers for the past month).

I do wonder how many people would really want a pair of these though. I'd like to let them know.

Would depend on the price. :)