• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Size of BR Lion Uniform MA1 compared with CWU-36

Rutger

Hi there, now considering buying a Lion Uniform MA1 at Rakuten, but it's a gamble size-wise.

A CWU-36 in Large fits me ok generally (some just a little too small, some (the latest production run?) almost XL).

Noticing the descriptions at Rakuten I would estimate that the XL would be just a little too small for me, but from the forum I seem to understand
that XL would approximate the size 42-44 that goes with the CWU-36 Large.

Is there anybody out there who wears a CWU-36 Large and also owns a Lion Uniform MA1, and would be willing to describe the fit?

I'm 6' at 185.

thanks,
Rutger

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Rutger said:
I'm 6' at 185.

Rutger, I'm the same height, and a little lighter at about 172. I comfortably wear a Medium in a CWU, and take a Large in the MA-1 ... I could actually get into a Medium in the Lion Uniform, but the sleeves are a little short.

I think the XL will be fine for you ... my own measurements sometimes are at odds with BR's interpretation, but they usually work out.

Tim P

I think XL. I had an XXXL which equated to a 48 chest that was too big but not by much. I am 6'2" and about 200-210.

Rutger

That's another thing I'm concerned about.

Is it shorter than my BR L2 at size 40?

Is the B-15C (mod) any longer in the back or are they all equally short?

Measurements at Rakuten are quite the same, but practice may show something else.

Rutger

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
If it's any help, my BR L-2 38 measures 24.5", my BR MA-1 Medium was 24", and my RMJ MA-1 Large ... also 24".

Like I said, I'm the same height, and they all work fine for length.

greyhound52

I take a large in the CWU-36 and the XL in the Lion MA-1 fit fine. But they do run short IMO. They compare with the B-15C mod size 40 I have from BR.