• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Size comparison among Aero, ELC, GW, G&B:

jack aranda

Just curious about how these jacket makers sizes compare. My Aeros are all aquiver...no, that's wrong. My Aeros, a Hihgwayman, a Hercules, and a Bootlegger are all 42 and they fit great. My GW A-2 is a 44, and it, too fits great. I don't have an ELC, thus my curiosity. I had a G&B/Flightsuits A-2, size 42, and it was way too big. But, it was not the historical version, so that may account for the disparity there. I'm guessing that among the assembled host there are some with representative wear from each of these. Info will be greatly appreciated. Just in case something comes along I don't want to resist. Thanks.
--jack

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Jack, here's my take on it, based on what you've told us, and allowing that there's some variation between contracts. I'll throw in a couple more, in case something turns up.

• Good Wear: 44
    Original: 44
    Real McCoy/The Few: 44
    Aero: 42
    Eastman: 42
    Buzz Rickson: 42
    G & B: 40, or 38L

jack aranda

Hi:
I thought I'd replied, but, as I don't see it anywhere, I'll post again. Thanks for your feedback; most helpful, and answers nearly all of my questions.

I'm starting to dream about an A-1, escpecially after reading through the thread here on these cool jackets. I'm wondering about G&B--I've seen mention of them, but, their website does not list the A-1. Is it a custom order with them?

Again, thanks for your feedback.