• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Size 44" PERRY A-2 on German E-Bay...

Roughwear

It's unusual to see the first Perry contract (goat) in a size 44. It looks in good order, but the photos could be better and more plentiful. I wonder whether it was obtained from a USAAF crewman in the War?

TankBuster

Great jacket! I wonder where the Indian head art is on the jacket.
I agree, that some better pictures would be helpful. But the jacket
looks to be in great shape!

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Here's the description ...

• Original USAAF Type A-2 jacket pilot 2nd World War II.

Color: russet (red-brown).

Size: U.S. 44 (german approximately 52).

Contract No.. 535 W AC-23377.

Manufacturer: Perry sportswear, Newburgh, New York.

The pilot jacket is from the production of one of the largest producer Perry sportswear.

In order to have one of the coveted army orders to come, had pointed pencil with a very calculated. As an example, stayed for a single jacket, in an order of 50,000 to A.2 contract value of 407,500 U.S. dollars just 8:15 dollars per jacket.

This is Perry in dark red-brown goat leather (there were jackets in PERDE - goats - and cowhide) and has a perfect excellent preservation.

The cuffs are of good tension, the feed has been through intensive wearing relented and along the collar and ripped the hook.

All details such as hooks and eyelets, Conmar Reissverscluss, are original.

This A-2 has an Army Airforce print on the left sleeve and a very simple, stylized Indian head on the chest.

This A-2 is original, intact and in excellent condition, in such a size can hardly be found.

Have fun bidding

Roughwear

Thanks for the translation David. I am curious to know where the seller got the information about the size of this Perry contract. Shame they aren't still $8.15! :lol: