• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SINGER 177-2 / Looks good for applying patches, hats, gloves

a2jacketpatches

Got this machine quite some time ago and couldn't get it to work properly. Didn't spend too much time figuring it out because applying patches to jackets was absolute last on my list and a real PIA. Got a little inspiration lately to give this a shot once again. Looks like it was made for the job but all I could find is that it was used in barber shops to mend towels? Seems a little more special purpose than that. The manual says to use left twist thread in the bobbin and top. Just thought I'd post in case some of you hat guys have seen this one in action. Also can't find needles for it 177X1 in any of the sizes, please inform if you know where I could get them.
sewingmachine002_zps274dd732.jpg

sewingmachine003_zpsd13dfb6a.jpg

sewingmachine004_zpsc2e1b0de.jpg

PaulGT3

Re: SINGER 177-2 / Looks good for applying patches, hats, gl

WOw that is so Kewl, I have thought of that myself. Where did you get that tank??

a2jacketpatches

Re: SINGER 177-2 / Looks good for applying patches, hats, gl

Bought in on Ebay, it was in Garden Grove when I lived in Santa Ana, 50 bucks and a 15 minute drive.