• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

silk map

dujardin

helloooo

received from USA
a nice, very well preserved silk map
really happy with this found at friendly price.
will keep this away from sunlight in his plastic bag into the pocket of an A2.
some photos

2011_060320100430bis0018.jpg

2011_060320100430bis0010.jpg

2011_060320100430bis0012.jpg

2011_060320100430bis0017.jpg

2011_060320100430bis0015.jpg

byeeeeeeeeeee
marcel

rich

Nice Marcel - the manufacturing process of these exquisite things must have been quite something, I used to own a few and always regretted selling them.

Stony

Years ago I went to an estate sale and the person that passed away worked for a map company. They had several of the pull down maps that were used in schools, etc. Also there were a box of unissued silk escape maps with about 75 maps in them. There was also a table cloth made of escape maps with approximately a dozen different maps sewn together. I paid $125 for all 75 maps plus the table cloth. Oh, those were the days!

dujardin

Rocky said:
I know that they make reproduction's of these.
Anyway to tell a real one from a repro?

really ni idea
my feeling tell me it's an original; hope i'm right.
not really a big problem for the small price i pay for.

i think that only specific test in laboratory may date this silk map or other type of equipments.

i will send it to NCIS (tv series), in an hour i will be fixed :lol: :lol: :lol:

grommet

I would watch out for the ones labeled "Texaco" and "Mobilgas" as well as those with listings for roadside attractions and clean restrooms.

Stony

I would watch out for the ones labeled "Texaco" and "Mobilgas" as well as those with listings for roadside attractions and clean restrooms.

:lol: :lol: :lol: