• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Eastman A1s, A2’s, B-3s, B-6s, D-1s. Irvin’s. B-10s, B-15s, and Buzz Ricksons’ etc.

bn1966

Certainly my A-1 also fits trimmer than my A-2 (both ELC 48) & sleeves are slimmer..completely different jacket as Nick stated and somewhat lighter in Cape.

B-Man2

So a slimmer body and sleeve openings? Do you think size up from a comfortable A2 sizing going to an A-1 ?
Depends on if you want a period fit or not . Check out some period photos and you’ll know if you want that look . The jacket is fairly lightweight capeskin unless you go for one made of another hide. So you may want to go up a size if you plan on layering . Of course living in Florida, it’s an ideal jacket for cool evenings with a tee shirt .

YoungMedic

I was toying with buying one for work and wearing the *** out of it in the winter months. Was considering goat to stand up to heavy wear but not totally comitted. Definitely have to be a dark seal finish though. I was eyeing some on the Bay but wasnt sure about how they wore compared to the A2 style jackets

Nickb123

Took this one today with its GW cousin:

92D495F6-B2D4-4AF5-8783-4F99D7F4808C.jpeg

Nickb123

I was toying with buying one for work and wearing the *** out of it in the winter months. Was considering goat to stand up to heavy wear but not totally comitted. Definitely have to be a dark seal finish though. I was eyeing some on the Bay but wasnt sure about how they wore compared to the A2 style jackets

Mine certainly picks up scratches easily. I trust it's durable though (with care of course, meaning, don't get it caught in your car door). Here's the thing...if you have all of these high hopes buying an Eastman, you MAY be a bit disappointed in the lightweight nature of the jacket. The whole "heft=value" thing. However, in the repro department it drapes totally distinctly (in a cool 20's way) from anything else, is well-built, and wears truly easily, in a class of its own there. I love it.

917_k

I recently acquired this BR B-15C Mod on EBay for the bargain sum of £160. It’s a gorgeous jacket in very good condition and with a very thick filler is perfect for the colder weather. It’s a size 38 and so I think I’m pushing it a bit size wise and it does ride up rather, but If I ‘own it’ it looks okay:

8969FCFD-1D0C-4B58-BC42-84D1AD61EF1F.jpeg

24B2B6A9-2B9C-4B84-84E1-430ADD621710.jpeg

ausreenactor

I recently acquired this BR B-15C Mod on EBay for the bargain sum of £160. It’s a gorgeous jacket in very good condition and with a very thick filler is perfect for the colder weather. It’s a size 38 and so I think I’m pushing it a bit size wise and it does ride up rather, but If I ‘own it’ it looks okay:

View attachment 45194
View attachment 45195
Fit looks alright from the pic.

Love how the contrasting stitching around the collar screams 'Mod'.

ausreenactor

My Monarch just developed the creases over time; however, areas of extra grain emerged after getting drenched when caught in the rain.. it dried naturally over the next day or so and took on a more relaxed feel.