• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping wrinkles

zoomer

An individual I am doing business with claims a horse A-2 has wrinkled in shipping. Said individual implies the wrinkles will not come out. What's your experience?

Silver Surfer

at my age.....the wrinkles will not come out. opps, you were writing about jackets. yeah they come come out. no biggie. usually when someone has beef about a received jacket, its a] buyer remorse,, b] it doesn't "fit" as expected, c] can get it cheaper [maybe] [see d] elsewhere, d] wanting to weasel a lower price. and on it goes. nutz

asiamiles

Surely a jacket shouldn't have developed unsightly wrinkles during the the time it takes to ship, and more minor wrinkles are simply natural. It definitely sounds to me like the buyer has an agenda. Ask for pics, and depending on your situation offer him the option of returning the jacket at his expense.

robrinay

As others have said above ‘sale or return’ is best in these circumstances. Follow the ‘eBay type’ rules. Ask him to post it back at his expense tracked. Do not ask him to iron it as there’s a high risk of damage and the advice will suggest you agree it’s wrinkled. He’s clearly changed his mind as anyone who wanted the jacket would wear it and put their own patina, wrinkles and stretch marks into it. And don’t refund him until you’ve got it back and have inspected it. A mate of mine had a similar problem and her buyer had clearly bought it for a party worn it to impress and then returned it for a refund untracked and it disappeared en route. Sadly for the buyer as they didn’t sent it back tracked eBay came out on my mates side of the issue and so my mate kept the money and the buyer had no jacket.

Smithy

The whole wrinkles from shipping thing, is one of two things in this case: 1) Anally retentive, pedantic buyer; 2) Buyer for whatever reason has changed his mind for whatever reason and is trying to get out of the sale.

Case 1 is always terrible because these are the kinds of arseholes who get measuring tapes out and complain to high Heaven when something is two mms out of whack, or announce "there's a scratch on it!" which turns out to be a 2mm long mark in the depths of the armpit which is a natural mark on the hide from the animal. Not always possible but if warning signs during the sales process give these pricks a wide berth.

Case 2, well wrinkles from shipping happen and 99.99% of the time fall out with wear especially on goat, sheepskins, even cow and horse. The only hide I've seen where it can take an excessively long time is very, very thick stuff like Horween's CXL horse and steer hides. Saying that I have a Barnstormer in thick CXL FQHH which had a few wrinkles from shipping, I can't even remember what happened to them, whether they fell out or if they're some of the wrinkles the coat now has.

foster

Tell this individual that those 'wrinkles' are called 'grain' and it's supposed to be desirable in a horsehide A-2.

Good chance there is someone else who will want this specifically for that reason.

And yes, the attitude of this individual does sound disturbingly familiar...