• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

serious collector!

Silver Surfer

great! another gun-ammo nutter. great until sonny rounds up some of that shit, and goes to the local school, mall, or movie theater with it. when does it end?

a2jacketpatches

Silver Surfer said:
great! another gun-ammo nutter. great until sonny rounds up some of that sh*t, and goes to the local school, mall, or movie theater with it. when does it end?

Yeah Vic, In MA we have a double lock rule. Whatever you have must be in a locked closet, chest, cabinet, within a locked room, with trigger locks, or something like that. Responsibility is key.

A

Anonymous

Silver Surfer said:
great! another gun-ammo nutter. great until sonny rounds up some of that sh*t, and goes to the local school, mall, or movie theater with it. when does it end?
And you know this guy? how many kids does he have. Sh#t get over it. 85 killed in Norway, I think the gun laws are a little more intrusive there than the U.S.

a2jacketpatches

Any gun owner that inadvertently? Shows that many weapons to the Ebay world to display a parachute is either stupid or has a couple of screws loose Vic. Hopefully he doesn't have any kids because that kind of mentality usually runs in the family. Where I come from, that's irresponsible and violates the common sense of owning weapons.

kiltie

I have my opinions - like everyone else - on this, but seeing the tags on the rifles, etc... I'm inclined to think everything in the pictures is for sale.

...maybe like he's fishing without having to post more ads...

A

Anonymous

The guys disabled, could be a vet trying to make a living, you all that second guess this guy , and any security system he MIGHT have, are just that, second guessing.

a2jacketpatches

kiltie said:
I have my opinions - like everyone else - on this, but seeing the tags on the rifles, etc... I'm inclined to think everything in the pictures is for sale.

...maybe like he's fishing without having to post more ads...

I'm sure everything is legit, or at least 99.9% sure.

Just saying that it's not cool to display such a collection to the Ebay world, it's intentional, and that says something. Personally, I've shown some stuff here to the small group of people on this forum, but I would treat such a large collection like his as if all the wrong people were looking. Especially on an auction site that millions have access to and neighbors may have insight to. Sort of like treating EVERY weapon as if it's loaded even if you know it is not. Second guess when it comes to weapons? ABSOLUTELY ALWAYS!!!!!! Yes I know, very good point.

B-Man2

This thread's gone wayyyyyyyyy off topic and has entered into a new arena.
You guys should find your way back to the thread or go off-line!

Monsoon

I think I spotted some M1 carbines and an M1 Garand. I think that some are just part of his collection.

The problem with showing it all like that is that you can become a target of theft.

Now, moving a tad off topic: Just because someone owns that many weapons/ammo doesn't automatically make him a "nutter". I know some dudes with that amount of ammo rolling around loose in their freakin' car.

a2jacketpatches

Not really off topic, the post started off looking at the ammo and the "collection" It didn't really seem like it was about the parachute. The topic has pretty much just turned to the stupidity or arrogance of the guy. Last guy I knew that was so open about his collection is dead now, shot himself in front of his wife, and before hand my gut feeling told me he had a few screws loose.

Nuff said is right, there will always be a way for some nut to lose his mind, but it's only common sense to keep your assault weapons on the low down.

a2jacketpatches

Yeah, it seems the go nowhere conversation has moved to another thread anyway. If ya can't find a good argument on the gun owners level here in this thread, go round in circles from a political point of view. I won't join in on the other thread because I don't watch the news and load up with answers to relay. I simply know my responsibility as a trained gun owner and guarantee that nobody will have unauthorized access to them.

And yeah, he's got a bunch of chutes.

Monsoon

Clark J said:
Nuff said!!!!!!!There will ALWAYS be a nut that will find a way!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

Thank you. An acquaintance of mine mentioned that to me right after the Sandy Hook shooting.

I was also reminded of another incident. Prior to 9/11, the biggest loss of life in NYC, was at the Happy Land Fire in 1990.

The individual didn't use a gun. He used about a bucks worth of gas and set fire to the stairwell. 87 people died.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Land_fire

269sqnhudson

I love it! You guys will always try and justify gun-ownership. It's just ridiculous for an average citizen to be allowed to own guns in an urban environment.

Rocky

269sqnhudson said:
I love it! You guys will always try and justify gun-ownership. It's just ridiculous for an average citizen to be allowed to own guns in an urban environment.

In the US there is no justifying gun ownership. The day your born you have the Constitutional right to own one.

B-Man2

269sqnhudson said:

Your King George III wasn't happy about that either,...............

And thus............... You now have one of the reasons we broke off from England and formed the United States.
Funny how it just keeps on going back to 1776, the US Constitution of 1787 and the 2nd Amendment!

Willy McCoy

I've seen more weapons in my grandfathers gun cabinets that were in his living room. I carry a Red Rider BB gun in my trunk but do not own any other tools of that nature. The seller certainly does not have my approval, but who am I to tell him what to do. I don't think it's very bright to display them on the net.