• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

selling on ebay UK from 12th march 2009

Cobblers161

Interesting, even more interesting is the 'change to Final Value fees' without further details. So in lieu of the reduced insertion fee is the final value going up or down?

With ebays seller unfriendly record I'd instinctively say up.

Cobblers161

Just as I thought, up from 8.5% to 10%. Ebay are plainly a bunch of shysters, more money out of the sellers pocket. As much as I need them my hate for them grows constantly....

John Lever

Better to buy than sell. Selling is preferable on the forum, less hassle and no fees. I only use ebay when all else fails.

Cobblers161

deeb7 said:
With no listing fee, and a cap of £40.00, it might be a better deal.

Here's the details ...

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/sell/private-se ... icechange/

So if you're final sale value is over £400 technically is not a bad deal, provided you meet the criterea, if it's under you lose out. Bear in mind that listing fees are proportionately quite low. My cynicism is rather high when considering ebay, I can't believe for one second they are acting in the interests of the seller, just another quick buck fix to top up the monstrous profits. 10% on sales plus 6% on Paypal, I don't know how they get away with, well ok I do, they own both companies and only serve to serve themselves.

jacketimp

expect more hustling........the cap at £40 is only for auctions-style only...NOT BIN.....expect an increase in final valualtion % on BIN ?