• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling a non-VLJ item question (ebay suggestions, etc)

tater

I've bought stuff on ebay, but never sold. Recently, my wife won an auction for a NIB pair of Christian Louboutin shoes, in a size that usually fits her for that brand (a 7, euro 37). Anyway, apparently this particular design runs smaller than others she has worn, and I'm tasked with selling them for her (being the computer geek of the household). The plus side of her large shoe collection is that it makes looking at jackets pretty trivial by comparison (at least until I decide I need multiple contracts—we'll see what happens when my Goodwear gets into my hands :) ). Any suggestions? I just want to sell them quickly for around what she paid ($400—not all that concerned as long as we're at least sorta in the ballpark). Is a "buy it now" a bad idea, etc. I am clueless, honestly.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
I had best results with a low opening bid, and no reserve ... otherwise set the bidding to start at the price you're looking for.

Don't use a reserve, and a BUY IT NOW is fine.

tater

OK, that seems reasonable, exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

What's a low opening bid for a presumably $350-400 item?

RCSignals

Good luck Tater.

Think out the title well and in it and the description choose as many words you can think of related to these that someone might put in a search. Give your item as much chance to be 'found' as you can.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
tater said:
What's a low opening bid for a presumably $350-400 item?

I would open at $100, hopefully pick up a few early bidders, and generate some interest.

Of course you'll be thinking you're losing money, until the last few seconds. ;)

a2jacketpatches

So true, I watched my 460th BG unit history book jump from a 100- to 460- in the last 2 seconds. Lots of watchers, a good sign.