• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SEFTON F/S !!!

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
442RCT said:
From the measurements, it appears to be a 42 or 44.

... or larger.

measurement : pit to pit 26.5,shoulders 20 3/4,sleaves 27 and length top to bottom 25.5 inches

horsefan

If it's not blasphemy, how hard would it be to remove the painted "patch" on the arm?
If it is blasphemy, please explain so I learn something.

Thanks.

MikeyB-17

Nothing blasphemous about it. It's a repro, you can do what you like to it. Different kettle of fish if it was an original. If that's a transfer, which it probably is, it shouldn't be too hard to remove-they often wore off of their own accord anyway. Never had one on a jacket myself, but no doubt others will have knowledge of how to get it off.

horsefan

Thanks guys. Yeah, a Sefton is a repro, but it's a special, impossible to find repro, so I wondered...
I don't expect I'll see another in my size, but that decal is a deal breaker. Bid high, boys.
Thanks for the advice.

442RCT

horsefan said:
Thanks guys. Yeah, a Sefton is a repro, but it's a special, impossible to find repro, so I wondered...
I don't expect I'll see another in my size, but that decal is a deal breaker. Bid high, boys.
Thanks for the advice.

I thought the same thing, that it was a deal breaker, when I saw a Sefton with a funky blood chit sewn on the back and needing the knits replaced. The jacket had been stored and in new condition but for the moth eaten knits. I hemmed and hawwed about it whilst the auction proceeded. It was my size and it was a Sefton, as you said almost impossible to find...so I bid on it. There was only one other bidder and I won. The seller supplied new knits with the jacket and I replaced the moth eaten ones. I'm glad I bought the Sefton, it's one of my favorite jackets, fits like it was custom made for me. I ended up patching it up with a CACW, 14th AF, and CBI insignia to go with the blood chit.