• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seen The new Good Wear 'Earhart' Jacket??

DiamondDave

No, I do not own one yet, but has anybody seen this stunning new offering from our own 'zen master' JC?

Even looks to include a 30's style rivet zipper!!

http://www.goodwearleather.com/photos/Earhart_Style_A1_46/

DD
front_view1.jpg

front_view2.jpg

reverse_view.jpg

dujardin

wow, that's what i call a beauty, a jewel for us collector...
really need to win a small Lotto.
simply splendid jacket.
i think John is playing with my nerves :lol:

byeeeeeeeeee marcel

srivats

Gorgeous jacket ... Is that goatskin?

There is a movie coming out next year about Amelia Earhart ... I wonder if John made the jackets for that movie too!

A

Anonymous

Albeit that the original isn't goat - it looks good but I do like the windflap on the A-2.

Also, the pockets look too small to be of any real use. More an affectation ?????

Dave

John Lever

The waist on the original does look tighter and this would make the look of the jacket quite different. I think the very large pockets are preferable somehow they make the jacket seem smaller.

A

Anonymous

Also when the jacket is zipped up the zip is hidden behind the leather ,look at the collar and you will see the stich is 3/4" from the edge .Probably done this way to make it more windproof ,and the waist and sleeve knits needs to be 1 1/2" wider same width as the collar.I aggree with John the pockets need to be much bigger and set closer to the side seam so reaching in to the pocket would be like cross drawing and would be a more ergonomic body action whilst seated flying ./Rgds jeff

bseal

Ever occur to you gents, that one of J.C.'s client's wanted an A-1, but simply preferred a zipper over button enclosures...

A

Anonymous

The tittle set the lead so we were responding to the title.That what occurred to us !.Jeff.

kkochheiser

Still, that's what John calls it on his photo page: "Earhart Style A1". I like it too! Maybe with the bigger pockets in deer or elk...

Kent

A

Anonymous

Well is this a Chapman test jacket or a customers specification to order.You tell me.Rgds jeff

DiamondDave

Spoke with John yesterday... This was indeed a special request for an individual customer.

As to the elk/deerskin discussion... I seriously doubt that Amelia's jacket was made of either.... the standard would have been Capeskin (Sheep from the Cape of Good Hope) or Cabretta (Sheep from Brazil)... although I find that in this hobby, one can never say "never", for as sure as one does, someone will prove them wrong!

DD