• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

seeking colors,505th BG and Sqd's..................

EMBLEMHUNTER

Hello forum members, I have a black and white image of the line drawings for the 505th Bombardment Group and it's Squadons emblems, I am seeking help with anyone who may have leads to thier proper colors .

They are from a WW2 era pamphlet , but I have yet to be able to find any online pages that have them shown in colors, I have contacted the online site people , but am asking for forum members help as they seem to have better leads (or at least I hope so ) :D
They had to have been drawn originally by someone in the Group and it would seem "records" should be out there somewhere of the details/colors.

Anyway , I can e mail the image to you if you PM me your e mail addy , thanks very much and I really hope to recieve some replies, have a great day all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny
P.S. the unit was under the 20th AAF Command and was a B-29 unit out of Tinian.

A

Anonymous

Can't find it in Maurer, the squadrons I see listed are 482 483 484 485, would that be correct? I only see an emblem listed for the 482nd.

EMBLEMHUNTER

Hey Marcel , thanks much for the postings, the Indian is one of the ones on the image I have , but the others are all post war , I will send my image to you and if you can please post it on the site , that way they can bee seen , thanks my friend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny

EMBLEMHUNTER

91stbombgroup said:
http://www.cbi-history.com/part_ic.html You might find it here. There is no 505th bg insignia, but I do see three squadrons and insignias listed and detailed.
YES there was an "Unofficial" 505th BG emblem , pm me your e mail and I will send you the image I have showing it .
Johnny

dujardin

one that i have in my file

505bg 485bs
505BG485BS_zps99df1a4e.jpg

the tail marking found on the site cbi-history
j_zps9a6c8a4a.png

and this send by Johnny
505bg_zpsc6458bef.png

EMBLEMHUNTER

The center emblem is a "post war" emblem and was not the WW2 era design .
Thank you Very much marcel fro posting the image I am seeking the colors for !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny
You can see the 505 th Bombardment Group emblem there in the image (Shield shaped)

Can anyone confirm the image posted by Marcel (bat winged bomb) as to the 485th Bomb Sqd ?????????????????