• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Searching for jacket artist

stanier

Hi all, I'd really really like a painted A-2 and the years keep passing but my dream doesn't seem to get closer.

Ideally I'd like Jerome to do the work for me, but as he seems to no longer do such commisions does anyone know of another artist of similiar talent?

The trigger for my passion is that in about 1987 I had a Sefton A-2 which I got from American Retro in Kensington Market which had superb artwork and while that shop was there I saw a few beautiful jackets there, anyone know who painted those or even where some of those jackets are today? I sure wish I'd kept mine which was "Cocktail Hour" and I remember two others specifically "Mount'n'ride" and "Bolt from the Blue". All had really great artwork. I sold mine to raise money for a deposit on flat in about 1988 :(

Many thanks for any help.

stanier

Hi again, has anyone ordered from this guy?

http://www.c-king.jp/j-art/j_art_home.html

I dropped them an e-mail a while ago but never got a reply, so I suppose proxy is the only way, but how'd you get on specc'ing exactly what you want, and sourcing the right jacket?

Sorry for all the q's, but this year I'm determined!

Tim P

I am not as talented as Jerome but my work is consistent with many better examples from ww2. Everyone is always happy with what I produce for them. and I am cheap.
Please feel free to trawl my posts to see images, or if you are interested I can post some links to photobucket

stanier

Hi Tim, I got 11 pages into your posts but didn't find any pics, might be me being a bit thick, but if you could PM me a couple of pics it would be much appreciated.

better duck

I can testify as to what Tim says about his own work, that's good and looks close to good "period art work"
And what about our own Robin Mott (aka "art of A2", he's done "Home James" for me:

IMG_0480.jpg

He lives close to London, so that's a home match for you!

Here you see "Home James" in a row with miss minokie (from the states) and a couple of Tim's "Little Patches" jackets, all at Flying Legends 2009:

IMG_5131.jpg

Andrew

If you're interested in having work done by a vet I could put you in touch if he's still painting. He painted a replica of his own jacket for me. Ex 15AF B-24 Ball turret gunner. Pm me if you're interested.

DSC_0061.jpg

sgbailey2002

capt71 said:
Take a look at this website:

http://www.rosemarydery.com

She sent the 380th BG Association a "self-promo" email recently (that's how I got her website address). Her work looks pretty nice.
Bill

Rosemary is the best and has been painting jackets full time for over 30 years, but has recently changed courses. She's apparently only finishing jackets already commissioned and will in future concentrate on a different art direction. We are close friends and discuss our art on a regular basis. She might still take on a jacket commission I think, but she might also pass on it. Best to contact her direct and see where she is currently.

SGB

Silver Dollar

Rosemary, Tim and Kusano are the best I've seen so far. Looks like I have some new heroes. These guys make my work look like I did it with a sharpie pen and one colored flair tip. Wow.