• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Score!! 2 Good Wears added to my lil collection!!!!

PaulGT3

as I have told you guys before, I got into this with my Eastman B-3 and Bman2 so graciously sold me
my first Goodwear Star. But as you guys know the wife gets ansy when all youre doing is looking at more.
Well I found 2 on ebay today but it now. Both 2011's Dubow 27798 and a Perry Sportswear model. SHould get them
on Monday. I also found out that even tho USAuthentics messed up a order I made off the sales page and asked
them to cancel they didnt so the USAthen is still going to show up monday so I can learn what each kind lookds like
More pics to come!!
Can anyone compare the Star to the Perru and the Dubow? Thanks

Roughwear

PaulGT3 said:
Can anyone compare the Star to the Perry and the Dubow? Thanks

Yes. Have you checked out the pictures and descriptions of all three contracts on John's site? He includes plenty of information to help you compare them yourself.

blackrat2

Stupid phone will reply again
Perry is a great contract with a nice collar profile...lost worlds did have some pics of originals
The Star I recalled reading was billed as one of the darker seal contracts but as has been shown before these jackets even within the same contract could be different colour hides and wide range of fittings for the same size tagged jacket...let alone different leathers!!

Enjoy them both and to save anyone else saying it,show us some pics when they arrive

PaulGT3

Roughwear, I have been on Johns site a million times, I am just starting to understand the differences between
hides. The Stitching Is apparent and I am starting to see how a collar stand works.
But I am not expert on how the slight differences are, those are not apparent to me yet.
I was hoping some one could maybe discuss the differences in the slight nuances that an noobie
wouldnt see by looking at them.
Thanks anyways. I appreciate your help