• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schott Issued Flight Jackets

Erwin

Interesting, not too many G1 can be found with this particular contract number...
b.jpg

a.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

From the official Schott website, you can find this https://www.schottnyc.com/forum/posts/g1_us_navy_flight_jacket.htm a bit odd that they were not able to decode production date from the label ;)

Last edited:

Chandler

Erwin

Our "Better Fighting Garment" thread reports 1998. But who knows how big the contract was.
Indeed it does mention a contract G1 bomber jacket made by Schott, looks like this SPO contract is a bit hard to find. Schott made very good civilian jackets based on the G1 pattern, I have still somewhere one G1 jacket made by Schott. Not as nice as WW2 or G1 from the 50's. However, still a great US-made leather jacket.

Chandler

Indeed it does mention a contract G1 bomber jacket made by Schott, looks like this SPO contract is a bit hard to find. Schott made very good civilian jackets based on the G1 pattern, I have still somewhere one G1 jacket made by Schott. Not as nice as WW2 or G1 from the 50's. However, still a great US-made leather jacket.
I wore the hell out of my Schott A-2-like jacket back when. Bullet proof leather.

Erwin

"Bulletproof" leather describes very precisely the quality of Schott's vintage hides, I'm not sure what currently manufactured jackets look like. But used hides on jackets from the '70s or '80s were great.