• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schott B3/B6 recommendations

bubu

Hi!

I was hoping to get some help getting a shearling. I am getting everything from ebay/second hand as my budget is limited.
I had schott 257s in 42, i assume the jacket was from 90s but in excellent condition. I wore it for a few seasons but sold the jacket because it was too long for me, it did not have the vintage boxy look that i am looking for, otherwise the quality and warmth was top notch.
I recently acquired avirex B3 in size 40, the seller lied to me with the pictures and the condition is very poor. Nonetheless the size was good but i little too slim I would say (i struggled lifting my arms to shoulder height). I think the quality of Avirex was somewhat worse to the one from Schott. So I sold that one too (for half the price).

Now, I recently saw B6 from schott from 80s at the open clothing market in size 40 and it fit like a glove, its condition was super poor so I didnt buy it but it got me thinking whether it would be a better choice than B3. I overall cant stand cold and suffer in cold environment, so the warmer the better. The climate where I live is not cold at all but I do spend most of the winter season in cold weather. Would B6 be sufficient?
I had a look at eastman and other brands but its too much of a war replica to my taste, i am looking for a civilian classic schearling jacket. Also I do not enjoy much the look of the authentic D1 and B6, but the schott B6 looks quite different than the proper replicas (it has elastic waist bands).

Also, could anybody suggest vintage/second hand shop in europe? all I see are ebay listings from japan and the import tax must be brutal.

My height is 187cm and 83 kg and athletic build.

Thank you in advance!

WingAndaPrayer

Hi!

I was hoping to get some help getting a shearling. I am getting everything from ebay/second hand as my budget is limited.
I had schott 257s in 42, i assume the jacket was from 90s but in excellent condition. I wore it for a few seasons but sold the jacket because it was too long for me, it did not have the vintage boxy look that i am looking for, otherwise the quality and warmth was top notch.
I recently acquired avirex B3 in size 40, the seller lied to me with the pictures and the condition is very poor. Nonetheless the size was good but i little too slim I would say (i struggled lifting my arms to shoulder height). I think the quality of Avirex was somewhat worse to the one from Schott. So I sold that one too (for half the price).

Now, I recently saw B6 from schott from 80s at the open clothing market in size 40 and it fit like a glove, its condition was super poor so I didnt buy it but it got me thinking whether it would be a better choice than B3. I overall cant stand cold and suffer in cold environment, so the warmer the better. The climate where I live is not cold at all but I do spend most of the winter season in cold weather. Would B6 be sufficient?
I had a look at eastman and other brands but its too much of a war replica to my taste, i am looking for a civilian classic schearling jacket. Also I do not enjoy much the look of the authentic D1 and B6, but the schott B6 looks quite different than the proper replicas (it has elastic waist bands).

Also, could anybody suggest vintage/second hand shop in europe? all I see are ebay listings from japan and the import tax must be brutal.

My height is 187cm and 83 kg and athletic build.

Thank you in advance!
Well, depending on your budget you might be able to get a shearling jacket from FiveStar. They are customizable for any look that you want.

bubu

Well, depending on your budget you might be able to get a shearling jacket from FiveStar. They are customizable for any look that you want.
thanks, i never heard about this shop. whats the quality like? do they sell in europe?

bubu

I tried to contact them with no luck so far. All of the jackets look like are sold out.
As far as the schott B6 goes, anybody has any insight? In terms of the actual weight its on par with avirex B3, so im assuming the only "disadvantage" in terms of warmth is the collar and neck not being covered, am i wrong here?