• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAT A-2 is here

ausreenactor

I only bring this up, as I am a passionate non-Powered sewer!! My 1950's Singer throws on the chevrons and SSIs on all my kit, my superiors, my peers and subordinates at work. Motor was removed to swing WWII Class A jackets around a bit better. And I always use the pedal as an accelerator, and not a brake! :oops: But I think this is the only (and I mean so small not too matter) detraction from what I consider the best REPRO produced in a while by anyone, across the jacket range from the A-1s and B-2s right through to the late stuff. I am going to whack my SAT on eBay today, and use it as a deposit on my first GW. Might have to do some liaising with JC as the tapering sleeve might have to work around my watch (I could offload the watch). A mild thickening when I saw this post, so to speak.. :D :D Well done Gentlemen! You have done well...and the 'tailor' did not do a bad job either..

Couchy

Weasel_Loader

Here are a few more outside shots. I've actually been able to wear mine each morning for the last two weeks as it's about 50 degrees when I go into work.

89d686d9.jpg

770b1729.jpg

photo-3.jpg

Another nice detail is the slot for the pocket flap button. So many things that set this contract apart from later model A-2s.

37984ad2.jpg

asiamiles

ausreenactor said:
But I think this is the only (and I mean so small not too matter) detraction from what I consider the best REPRO produced in a while by anyone, across the jacket range from the A-1s and B-2s right through to the late stuff. I am going to whack my SAT on eBay today, and use it as a deposit on my first GW. Might have to do some liaising with JC as the tapering sleeve might have to work around my watch

Should the arms be quite so baggy just above the elbow as they seem to be in that photo of Weasel_Loader? Perhaps they should be narrower all the way up to the shoulder seam? Other than that...I agree with Couchy, it is the most interesting repro A-2 to hit the market for many years. I look forward to seeing other examples.

Chris217

I haven't been this excited over an A-2 in many, many, years!!! What a masterpiece!!! My hats off to you John for making the holy grail of A-2 jackets. :D :D

High Iron

Very nice jacket Weas, you wear it well. John has really set the bar with this one. Interesting to see his progression in quality over the last couple years. Can't beat the price for the improvements. Greyhound, any chance the '38 Aero is going up for sale now that you have the SAT?

greyhound52

High Iron said:
Very nice jacket Weas, you wear it well. John has really set the bar with this one. Interesting to see his progression in quality over the last couple years. Can't beat the price for the improvements. Greyhound, any chance the '38 Aero is going up for sale now that you have the SAT?
Nope :D

CBI

ausreenactor

didn't take you long to get your BR/FEW SAT on eBay!

John did a great job as always. Maybe on my list someday. I have a GW 39 Werber coming in a few weeks.

asiamiles

CBI said:
ausreenactor

didn't take you long to get your BR/FEW SAT on eBay!
It's Buzz, not The Few. And someone should grab it as it's really stylish jacket and makes a nice alternative to the issued A-2...if I had to choose between the two I'd actually go for the BR SAT. Couchy's is different to my Junky limited edition though; it doesn't have the Hookless zipper and the leather looks to be the same as that used for Buzz Dubow.

Chris217

I thought this photo Stu posted awhile back from the LIFE archives was a pretty interesting shot of a SAT worn post war. I'm also curious to know what squadron or group the painted Indian head insignia is from. Anybody know?
sat.jpg