• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SAT A-2 is here

Weasel_Loader

It's been hell trying to keep my mouth shut on this and glad John finally let the cat out of the bag. This jacket was in development for quite a while. All I can say is John did an outstanding job replicating this jacket from available photos. The label is simply amazing!!! Believe it or not, one of my most favorite parts of this jacket is the slender sleeve ends.

I've had mine for a few months now put it through a quick HWT with no drying. It shrunk just a tad, but still fits me fine.

Since my last Air Force squadron I served with was the 31st, I plan to patch this with a 31st BS patch that Ties has made for me. This will match up perfectly with a period photo I have. Thanks Ties!

SAT1.jpg

SAT2.jpg

SAT3.jpg

SAT4.jpg

SAT7.jpg

After HWT.

GWSATOut2.jpg

GWSATOut1.jpg

31st_bombSquadron.jpg

MurocGunneryCampMiscellaneous0002zo.jpg

SuinBruin

All I can say is WOW. Epic! JC has raised the bar yet again in the repro A-2 market.

IwantIwantIwantIwantIwantIwantIwantIwantIwant!

P.S. It looks great on you and I love the patch.

deand

Love one of those with the 9th Bomb Squadron patch from the same collection of photographs! You look great in that jacket!

dean

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Thanks for the pictures, Danny ... yes, the patch will look great, and one of those just above the pocket name tags would look good too.

....... 1932 in a box.

ausreenactor

I had forgotten about the impending SAT. JC had me do some pics of the BR SAT label and send him some measurements when I posted about my BR SAT.. Well here it is! Looks like an A-2 with A-1 pockets! ;) I like it. This would be a Good Wear to own. No one on the planet, other than JC, can lay claim to an accurate SAT military repro! Kudos!

Couchy

oose

Hi,
Finally the first A-2 I like! :D Now I have something to put to my Christmas wish list!

Jacket looks great on you Danny you made a great choice.

stu

Peter Graham

Danny, what a stunning jacket. The hide looks amazing and it fits you perfectly. The patch looks mean too. If I ever buy a GW this will be the one.

atkins

Superb jacket, very fine patch too.The hide is very beautiful!
@ Peter: Me too have taken a GW oath back in my mind :D

Falcon_52

I'm speechless...it looks like John has hit another home run. Simple beautiful. Thanks for sharing your photos, Danny. Now, I need to figure out how to get one for myself. :D

Noel

Clark J

Weas it just ain't you!!!So I'll take it off your hands.Just PM me for my address!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weasel_Loader

I believe there is at least one other GW SAT out there also. ;)

I forgot to mention the authentic silk lining that originals had. Very nice touch indeed.

Cobblers161

I'm gobsmacked! What an absolute stunner. I'm big fan of the '39 Werber largely for it's details but this baby is something else altogether. The labels, throat clasp, pockets, lining, trim sleeve ends... Wow!

Well done Mr Chapman, a jolly good job indeed and another jacket to add to my list.

ausreenactor

It is probably on the originals knowing JC's attention to smallest details; however, I would request that the two labels are stitched
as individuals..

Couchy

greyhound52

ausreenactor said:
It is probably on the originals knowing JC's attention to smallest details; however, I would request that the two labels are stitched
as individuals..

Couchy
You are correct they are both stitched as individual labels. This is the only jacket showing the civilian label and a military label. Art of the Flight Jacket has some great photos of an original SAT with photos of the label.